Overview of the QNVR-08P with PoE
This product is now discontinued, an alternative product is the NUUO NE-4080
Easy to install and reliable QNVR-08P Linux-based network video recorder (NVR) with PoE from Vista, with 8 recording channels and up to 6TB of HDD storage space, HD 1080p recording capability, built-in Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch for direct power to cameras via NVR, easy set-up features, triple codec support, seamless stream switching and various control methods including mouse and IR remote control. Included QCMS software integrates DVRs from existing analogue CCTV systems and iOS and Android apps provide convenient mobile access.
With 8 channels and support for up to 6TB of HDD storage, the Vista QNVR-08P provides a robust and reliable video recording solution ideal for small IP video systems. The built-in PoE switch provides power to IP cameras through the NVR, enabling easy installation and providing an all-in-one recording system. Full HD 1080p capability enables the NVR to deliver high quality, smooth CCTV footage suitable for general security surveillance applications. The included surveillance class Western Digital Purple hard drive supports recording 24/7.
Featuring auto discovery, IP address settings, a user-friendly interface and time, date, motion and alarm video search, the QNVR-08P provides easy set-up and usability, ensuring only selected video data is recorded when using motion detection, alarm, manual and scheduled recording modes, saving bandwidth and storage. When activity is detected, seamless stream switching enables the NVR to switch from recording in low resolution, low frame rate to high resolution, high frame rate to produce smooth, high quality CCTV footage useful for event analysis and identification. Triple codec support provides compression of video files using H.264, MPEG-4 or MJPEG for flexibility depending on application. Watermarking and scrambling technologies prevent video from being tampered with and increase the authenticity of recorded footage so it can be used as evidence in a court of law.
The DVR look and feel of the Vista QNVR-08P is ideal for users wanting to make the switch from analogue to IP whilst the included QCMS software enables integration of existing Vista DVRs into an IP video system. The QNVR-08P is compatible with all Vista VK2 IP cameras and through ONVIF profile S, can be used with cameras from alternative manufacturers. The Q-REMOTE mobile app from Vista enables remote management of video on smartphones or tablets for handy security monitoring whilst on the move.
Please note: this NVR comes with 1TB of storage included, please select additional HDD storage from the above dropdown menu.
4 channel version: Vista QNVR-04P.
Key features & benefits
- PoE switch is built in to the NVR to enable direct power to cameras for easy and cost-effective installation
- HD 1080p video recording at full frame rate provides high quality security footage suitable for most general CCTV applications
- 8 channels and up to 6TB storage provides ideal video recording for small IP video systems
- Can be used with all Vista VK2 cameras in addition to cameras from other manufacturers through ONVIF profile S support
- Linux OS provides reliability, security and data loss prevention
- User friendly GUI, auto discovery and easy video search capabilities provide a simple to use recording system
- Seamless stream switching ensures activity is recorded in high resolution for detailed event analysis
- Video data can be used as evidence in court with watermarking and scrambling technologies
- H.264, MPEG-4 and MJPEG formats are supported for alternative compression methods depending on requirements
- DVR-like characteristics and included QCMS software assist with analogue to IP video integration
- Mobile support through Q-REMOTE apps for iOS and Android enable convenient remote video viewing via tablets and smartphones
- Can be controlled via keyboard, USB mouse and IR remote control (keyboard not included)
The built-in PoE switch, 8 channel allowance and simple installation and configuration make the Vista QNVR-08P NVR a cost-effective, easy-to-use and reliable video recording choice ideal for small IP video systems in applications such as schools, garden centres, retail stores, offices and gyms. This NVR is suitable for users who are used to analogue CCTV systems and who prefer a not too dissimilar experience whilst still gaining the advantages that IP video technology brings.
- 1TB Western Digital Purple hard drive – please select from above menu if more storage is required
- AC adaptor
- Remote controller
- 2 x AAA batteries
- Installation CD
- Storage: please select from above drop down menu
- Vista VKBD4 keyboard