Overview of the Arecont Vision MegaBall2 AV5245PM
This product is now discontinued, an alternative is the Mobotix D15
Installer-friendly Arecont Vision MegaBall2 AV5245PM indoor tamper-resistant network camera with 5 megapixel resolution at 14 fps, true day/night functionality, P-iris lens, remote focus and zoom, Arecont’s Binning Mode for good low light image capture, extended video motion detection (VMD), dual codec and PoE or auxiliary power choice. Available with various mounting options to best suit your environment.
From the Arecont Vision MegaBall2 series of network cameras, the AV5245PM delivers high resolution 5 megapixel video recording at up to 14 frames per second with an infrared-cut filter that enables full colour image capture in the daytime, automatically switching to mono capture at night-time for 24-hour surveillance. Low light images are enhanced further with Arecont’s Binning Mode which increases light sensitivity. The remote focus/zoom P-iris lens optimises field depth and image clarity whilst providing easy installation and maintenance. This camera is available with a black wall mount, black in ceiling/surface dome mount or a light grey in ceiling/surface dome mount.
1024-zone video motion detection (VMD) provides the AV5425PM with reliable and accurate detection capabilities for providing secure monitoring, whilst the privacy masking feature allows areas of the camera’s field of view to be blocked from viewing and recording. Storage requirements and bandwidth can be reduced using H.264 compression and MJPEG is also supported as an alternative method depending on application scenario. Power over Ethernet (PoE) provides easy-to-install power, using the same cable for network connectivity whilst auxiliary power is also supported if preferred.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select a midspan from the above dropdown menu if required.
360° panamorph lens version: Arecont Vision AV5245DN-01.
Standard features & benefits
- High quality image capture with 5 megapixel resolution provides video footage suitable for identification
- Clear and tightly focused images are captured by the P-iris lens
- IR-corrected lens provides true day/night functionality for 24/7 video capture
- Remote focus and zoom removes the need for manual adjustment, making installation and maintenance quick and easy
- Tamper-resistant housing provides robust CCTV surveillance
- Installer-friendly 3-axis adjustment and cable management
- Arecont's Binning Mode enables improved low light image capture
- Privacy masking provides a handy feature when recording areas with sensitive or private sections within the view area
- Extended motion detection with 1024 detection zones delivers precise alarm triggering when movement is detected
- Flexibility of compression method with support for both H,264 and MJPEG
- PoE or auxiliary power choice depending on preference
- Available in a choice of colours and wall or in ceiling/surface dome mount enclosures
Available AV5245PM models
AV5245PM-W – black wall mount
AV5245PM-D – black in ceiling/surface dome mount
AV5245PM-D-LG – light grey in ceiling/surface dome mount
Compatible recording platforms
- Network video recorders:
With high resolution and enhanced night-time capabilities, the Arecont AV5245PM network camera provides security surveillance for large indoor areas that require 24/7 monitoring and detailed identification such as police stations, schools, universities, shopping centres and airport terminals.
- CD with AV100 software and user manuals (license key required for recording)
- Pack of 3 screws and 3 anchors
- Mounting template
- Wall mount (-W models only)
- In ceiling/surface dome version (AV5245PM-D only):
- Surface mount (preassembled on dome)
- O-ring (preassembled on dome)
- Dome cover (bubble)
- Security L-key
- PoE midspan (please select from above dropdown menu if required)