Mobotix Q25M-SEC-NIGHT in/outdoor IP camera with 6 MP black & white sensor, 360° view & on-board intelligent video systemQ25M-SEC-NIGHT
This product is discontinued and has been replaced by the Mobotix Q25
Overview of the Mobotix Q25M-SEC-NIGHT
Successor to the Q24M-SEC-NIGHT, the Mobotix Q25M-SEC-NIGHT is an enhanced 360° hemispheric camera providing black and white (monochrome) video footage in very low light conditions and therefore is ideal for use at night. Improved light sensitivity and increased on-board functionality, including efficient on-camera video recording and storage as well as intelligent video analytics technology for more reliable and accurate alarm detection, make the Q25M-SEC-NIGHT ideal for monitoring large spaces in the dark hours, ensuring that no event will be missed. The Mobotix concept of de-centralised (at the edge) image processing and recording (with storage possible onto in-camera storage cards and/or a NAS), which is economical on bandwidth use and does not require the deployment of an expensive recording or management server, make Mobotix IP cameras suitable for CCTV installations of any size, from a stand-alone camera installation to large enterprise-level systems.
Low-profile and weatherproof, the Q25M-SEC-NIGHT can be unobtrusively installed indoor as well as outdoor and is able to produce high definition 360° surround views of small and large spaces (when ceiling-mounted) or wide 180° panoramic views (when wall-mounted). On-camera 'de-warping' of the fish-eyed 360° image enables the Q25 to provide a fully usable quad view from all four directions simultaneously (i.e. four individual views from all four corners are generated from the single fish-eyed stream), allowing video monitoring of a whole room with just one camera. The camera's digital pan-tilt-zoom (DPTZ) function works very well within such wide area coverage, allowing the system user to zoom in and focus on any specific area of the scene observing real-time activity in detail whilst the full scene is being recorded in the background at the same time. This ensures that no activity in the camera's 360° hemispheric field of view will be missed, providing 100% CCTV coverage at all times. Digital PTZ can also be used when analysing recorded footage, enabling detailed scrutiny of evidence.
Combining a 6 megapixel 1/2.5" progressive scan monochrome (black and white) CMOS sensor with Lowlight Exposure Optimization technology and backlight compensation, make the Q25M-SEC-NIGHT IP camera deliver optimal light sensitivity with a minimum of motion blur and image noise, generating smooth high resolution 6 megapixel black and white video images of a wide scene at 20 frames per second (fps). The camera's sensor is infrared sensitive, making the unit suitable for use in combination with infrared (IR) illuminated areas. The Mobotix Q25M-SEC-NIGHT also features an integrated microphone and speaker, which can be used to automatically play a pre-recorded warning message on motion trigger, record lip-sync audio or function as an intercom system allowing two way conversation.
Further usability is provided by the camera's advanced Mobotix MxActivitySensor intelligent video capability, which out-of-the box (i.e. without time-consuming configuration and adjustments) can 'learn' the scene and over time is able to distinguish between environmental noise elements (such as shadows or light changes, swaying trees or rain) and activity caused by humans or moving vehicles (e.g. in a car park). This smart piece of on-camera software delivers highly accurate alert detection, significantly reducing false alarms, which not only removes a lot of nuisance but also significantly saves on storage space since undesirable footage from false alarms no longer will be recorded, not in any large amounts anyway. With all the video analytics processing and recording of footage taking place on the camera ifself (at the edge), no bandwidth is used for these functions to take place, contrary to the constant data transfer that takes place when using a server-based (central) video management system. In addition to on-camera video storage, recording can also take place directly from the camera to a NAS, making a Mobotix system cost-effective when scaling up.
Using a Mobotix camera system is easy through the freely downloadable MXControlCenter video management software suitable for larger camera systems or the freely available MXEasy software suited to smaller systems up to 16 cameras. Essentially, both these software products act as a client and provide a user-friendly interface, whilst the processor intensive tasks and video recording is taking place on the cameras, meaning that both MXControlCenter and MXEasy can be run on a standard PC. MXEasy is also available for MAC and Linux. Mobile access with a number of handy features is available for iOS using the Mobotix App.
The ultra-compact, low profile Mobotix Q25M-SEC-NIGHT has PoE support for easy installation. IP65-rated, this IP camera can be used outdoors and it can withstand temperatures down to -30° without the need for an additional heater, keeping power consumption to a minimum. Core to the Mobotix concept is that there are no moving parts, fans or heaters in any of its cameras, improving reliability and durability.
Please note: no power supply included with this camera. Please use the above drop down menu to select a PoE midspan, if required.
Key features & benefits
- Provides 360° hemispheric or 180° panoramic very wide area coverage, reducing the number of cameras required to monitor an area and therefore offering significant cost-savings, both in terms of hardware cost as well as cost of installation and maintenance
- 6 megapixel sensor producing high-quality, clear and detailed black and white (monochrome) video footage at 20 frames per second (or 30fps at 2 megapixel resolution)
- Digital PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) provides effective area coverage with close-up viewing of an area of interest in high detail, whilst the full width of the scene is being recorded at any time to prevent activity from being missed; auto-touring also available, allowing the camera to move between programmed views of interest
- Mobotix MxLEO (Lowlight Exposure Optimization) enhances low light performance and sharpness with minimum motion blur and image noise by using the unused 2,000,000 pixels (approx) on the 6 megapixel sensor to improve light capture
- Mobotix MxActivitySensor intelligent video motion detection built into the camera can 'learn' a scene and reduces false alarms, increasing accuracy and reliability of alarm triggers, whilst also saving on storage space
- De-centralised system with video processing and recording taking place on the camera (at the edge), reducing bandwidth usage and negating the need for a high specification recording server
- MxControlCenter and MxEasy management software included free of charge, only requiring a basic PC to run on. No need to invest in additional video management software or expensive server infrastructure. Software updates are free of charge.
- Mac and Linux compatible when using MxEasy management software, suitable for systems up to 16 cameras
- Mobotix App available for mobile access from iOS devices, featuring a multi-camera view and access to live and recorded video footage
- Suitable for any system size, from one stand-alone camera operation to enterprise-level installation incorporating tens or hundreds of cameras
- 4 modes of compression provide flexible bandwidth and storage management (MxPEG, M-JPEG, JPEG and H.264 (SIP only)
- 4GB MicroSD card included (higher capacity storage cards available - please select from above drop down menu)
- An integrated speaker and microphone provide two-way audio communication plus also the capability to automatically play a warning message when triggered by detection
- IP66-rated casing enables the camera to be used outside. Housing made from high-resistance composite (PBT)
- No moving parts or heaters: reducing power consumption, increasing durability and lowering maintenance costs
- PoE supports reduces installation time and costs
- Bracket included for wall and ceiling mounting. Cable fully concealed through a hidden cable channel.
Alternative recording platforms
Ultra-compact, low profile and durable with high-quality image performance in darker conditions or in combination with infrared lights, the Mobotix Q25M-SEC-NIGHT is ideal for night-time surveillance of large rooms or spaces, including storage yards, store rooms and dark car parks.
- 360° hemispheric lens (full product part number including lens: MX-Q25M-SEC-D12 (white version), MX-Q25M-NIGHT-N12-BL (black version)
- Pre-installed 4GB SD card
- MxEasy video management software for systems including up to 16 cameras (no license fees and free upgrades)
- MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems (no license fees and free upgrades)
- Mounting kit with fixings and fixing tools including allen keys
- 50cm patch cable
- Higher capacity MicroSD card (please select from above drop down menu)
- PoE midspan (please select from above drop down menu)
- Mobotix anti-vandal kit, including a stainless steel camera casing
- Mobotix in-ceiling kit, allowing recessed installation
- Mobotix ExtIO function expansion module
- MxOvervoltage protection box
Key technical features for Mobotix Q25M-SEC-NIGHT
|Environment:||indoor / outdoor IP camera|
|Type:||360° hemispheric (fish-eye) camera with digital pan-tilt-zoom|
|Sensor:||monochrome 1/2.5" CMOS (producing black and white images only), 6 megapixel, progressive scan|
|Lens:||360° hemispheric fish-eye lens (camera can also be set up to produce a 180° panoramic view) with on-camera de-warping and correction of image to display quad view from all four directions;|
|Audio:||integrated microphone and speaker, lip-synchronous audio, intercom, audio recording and triggered playback of pre-recorded message|
|Power:||Power over Ethernet (PoE in accordance with IEEE802.3af):PoE class variable (2/3) depending on operating mode|
|Resolution:||selectable: from 2048 x 1536 (3.1 megapixel) to 160 x 120|
|Image formats:||configurable: full fish-eye 360° view, surround quad view, panoramic 180° view, double panoramic view, triple panoramic views, digital auto-touring (PTZ) through image|
|Compression:||MxPEG (Mobotix propriety), M-JPEG, JPEG, H.264 (SIP video only)|
|Frame-rate:||M-JPEG (live/recording): VGA at 30 fps, MEGA/HD at 10 fps, QXGA at 4 fps; MxPEG (live/recording/sound): VGA at 30 fps, MEGA/HD at 30 fps, QXGA (3.1 megapixel) at 20 fps|
|Day/night:||Lowlight Exposure Optimization (MxLeo). Monochrome (black and white) images only both day and night|
|Minimum illumination:||monochrome sensor: 0.005 lux at 1/60 s, 0.0025 lux at 1/1 s|
|Imaging:||backlight compensation, automatic white balance, image distortion correction (including panorama image correction), MxLEO image enhancement|
Viewing, detection & recording
|Number of users:||not given|
|Alarm detection:||MxActivitySensor on-camera intelligent video motion detection, multiple configurable detection windows, temperature sensor|
|Alarm action:||notification via e-mail, FTP, IP telephony (VoIP, SIP), visual/acoustic alarm, on-board message playback, pre- and post alarm images|
|Pre-/post-alarm buffer:||yes, 50 frames|
|On-camera recording:||4GB MicroSD card included (higher capacity storage cards available, please select from above drop-down menu)|
|Recording software included:||recording onto an on-camera MicroSD card or NAS with system management interface provided via MxEasy video management software for small systems (up to 16 cameras) or MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems; MOBOTIX App for iOS devices from Version 5.0|
|Network:||Ethernet 10/100 (IPv4 and IPv6)|
|Power:||Power over Ethernet (PoE in accordance with IEEE802.3af):PoE class variable (2/3) depending on operating mode; power consumption: typical 4.5 watts|
|Card slot:||to suit MicroSD storage cards|
|Other:||MiniUSB, MxBus, IO and RS232 using MX-232-IO-Box module (optional accessory)|
|Dimensions:||diameter: 160mm, height: 50mm|
|Colour:||white or black (select from above drop-down menu)|
|Mounting methods:||ceiling (and canopy), wall|
|Operating temperatures:||-30 to +50°C/–22 to +122°F|
|Power consumption:||less than 4.5 watts|
|Security:||user/group management, HTTPS/SSL, IP address filter, IEEE 802.1x, intrusion detection, digital image signature|
Documentation for Mobotix Q25M-SEC-NIGHT