This product has now been replaced by the Mobotix Q26
Overview of the Mobotix Q25
This compact dome IP camera features 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology and can be wall or ceiling mounted to deliver non-invasive, hemispheric overviews of indoor or outdoor areas. Available in day or night versions, the versatile unit also includes an integrated microphone and speaker for two-way audio support. Mobotix video management software and mobile support is available – free of charge.
Using a 1/1.8" CMOS sensor for increased light sensitivity, the camera is capable of delivering 6 megapixel resolution images at up to 8 frames per second (fps), or HD 720p at full frame rate. It’s also equipped with Mobotix Moonlight technology to ensure highly detailed images with significantly reduced motion blur can be captured in low light.
The unit’s fisheye lens can provide a 360° overview when ceiling-mounted, or wide 180° views if mounted onto a flat wall. Optimum placement of the camera ensures footage is captured from all angles and helps to eliminate blind spots. Built-in dewarping software supports alternative viewing modes such as quad-view, which allow the original fisheye image to be seen with less distortion.
When ordering, please select the lens that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP sensor with high-sensitivity Moonlight technology produces high quality images, even in low light
- Fisheye lens helps to reduce blind spots, offering panoramic overviews of indoor open plan areas or wide outdoor spaces
- Day (colour) or night (black and white) lenses deliver clear 6MP video footage at up to 8 fps
- Advanced image processing, smart motion detection and analytics all built into the camera
- Digital PTZ controls allow the operator to quickly view specific areas of the image in closer detail
- Built-in microphone and speaker offer two-way audio support for communication between user and scene
- Integrated MicroSD card provides edge storage and allows the camera to be used as a standalone unit
- Flexible compression with support for MxPEG and Motion JPEG formats
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Compact form factor and inoffensive colour, blends in easily with most environments
- PoE supplies power and network connection over one cable for quick and cost-effective deployment
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance camera system features no heaters, fans or other moving parts
this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the drop down menu above if required.
The decentralised design means that each Mobotix IP camera is a self-contained CCTV system able to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is lowered and there is no need for any additional recording software. This approach makes a Mobotix system very flexible when expanding because no additional investments besides purchasing new cameras are required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above drop down menu)
On-board image processing ensures high quality video is captured using optimum exposure settings, even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. The camera's processor also digitally corrects panorama distortion to reduce the size of image data before it is saved, reducing bandwidth and enabling dozens of hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or mobile device.
MxActivitySensor helps to provide accurate video motion detection and can reduce false alarms by intelligently distinguishing between movements of interest and interference - such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures.
MxAnalytics enables the collection of statistical behaviour data on people and objects. Heat mapping helps to identify high traffic areas and counting data can also be displayed to show how many people or objects pass particular locations - and in which direction. These features are both particularly beneficial for use in retail environments.
Supported by all Mobotix network cameras, Mobotix MxManagementCenter offers free video management, with no license fees or update costs. The Mobotix iOS app is also available - providing users with remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix IP cameras are designed to feature no moving parts such as fans or heaters, and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. The units are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate which means they require little maintenance and are very economical to run.
In addition, all Mobotix cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the on-board MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
The Mobotix Q25 hemispheric dome IP camera is an ideal choice for indoor locations that require high resolution, 360 ° overviews. Typical applications include shopping centres, large open plan offices and casinos.
- Pre-installed 4GB SD card
- MxEasy video management software for systems including up to 16 cameras
- MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
- Mounting kit with fixings and fixing tools including allen keys
- 50cm patch cable
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu):
- Higher capacity MicroSD card
- PoE midspan