The product is now discontinued, there is no alternative product available. See full Allied Telesis range.
Overview of the Allied Telesis AT-PC2002POE
A media converter capable of joining any networks that are physically separated by large distances, the Allied Telesis AT-PC2002/POE features SFP fibre connectivity, full-duplex operation, auto MDI/MDI-X and MissingLink support. The unit converts speed as well as media type and extends gigabit networks with a transmission distance of up to 80km, depending on SFP. In addition, the unit can inject power (15.4W) into the remote LAN or device making this media converter ideal for when a single device needs to be placed in a remote location of more than 100m from the LAN, and up to 80km away.
The unit makes use of Allied Telesis' MissingLink and Smart MissingLink software features where it can present a visual alert (LED) as well as pass on the fibre connection's link status to other network devices, meaning that remedial actions can be taken such as SNMP traps set to trigger when the link drops out. This is especially important when distant locations are unmanned.
The AT-PC2002POE can be used as a standalone device, or wall or DIN rail mounted.
Key features & benefits
- Ports: port 1: 10/100/1000T, port 2: SFP 100 or 1000Mbps, fibre type: LC (dependent on GBIC or SFP)
- IEEE standard: 1000FX and 1000X
- Tx wavelength: depends on SFP
- Rx wavelength: depends on SFP
- Max fibre distance: depends on SFP
- Max frame size: 1536 bytes
- Diagnostic LEDs: 15
- PoE enabled ports: 1
- Max number of full power ports: 1, IEEE802.3af
- Mode: A
- PoE power: 15.4W
- PSU type: internal
- Dimensions: 15.5 x 13.1 x 4cm
- Weight: 0.75 kg
- Warranty: 2 years (or 5 years if product is registered)