This product is now discontinued, for alternative products see Synology Network Video Recorders (NVRs)
Overview of the NE-4080 NUUO NVRmini 2
Linux-based, feature packed and easy-to-use NVRmini 2 network video recorder (NVR) ideal for small installations. Access to live video via Android and iOS devices and support for a wide range of IP camera brands and models.
The NE-4080 NUUO NVRmini 2 is easy to set up and manage with features such as drag-and-drop, auto camera detection and a user-friendly web-based interface. This NUUO NVR is simple to use with up to 8 video channels and 16TB of storage (storage space is selectable from the above drop down). The Linux-based operating system reduces risk of virus attack and provides stable CCTV management and recording.
NUUO's intelligent search facility locates relevant video data through searches including time-stamped motion triggered recordings, foreign object left in an area, object gone missing and camera obstruction. Chosen channels can display Point of Sale (POS) data and video of specific transactions can be found efficiently, this useful is particularly useful in retail environments. The server-client architecture enables smooth and reliable system management whilst live remote viewing is possible not only through the web but also using iOS and Android mobile devices.
Video back up is available through FTP whilst RAID levels 0, 1, 5 and 10 provide fail over protection. Synchronised audio recording enhances video footage with sound to complement video data. Auto port forwarding, digital watermarking of video images (to provide solid evidence), multiple views, sound notification on alert and preset patrolling (PTZ and digital PTZ) are more useful of the NUUO NVRmini 2 that enhance usability.
The NUUO NVRmini 2 supports a wide range of network cameras from over 100 brands and over 2000 models. HD and multi-megapixel models as well as 360° panoramic cameras (e.g. Vivotek fisheye cameras) are also supported. H.264, MPEG4, M-JPEG compression methods enable reduced bandwidth usage alongside dual streaming for high quality recording whilst low quality live viewing. Support for Mobotix MxPEG compression provides full compatibility with Mobotix high megapixel cameras. Multiple NVRmini 2 recorders can be connected to provide support for up to 128 video channels through a single management interface for cost-effective storage that can be up scaled at a later date.
All NUUO NVRs are supported by the NUUO iViewer mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Available from iTunes and Google play.
Please note: this NVR does not come with included storage, please select HDD storage disks from the above drop down menu if required.
For supported cameras and video encoders: please visit the NUUO supported camera page.
Key features & benefits
- Linux-embedded system is stable and reliable, free from virus attacks and is protects against system-crash
- Easy-to-use interface offers flexible configuration, auto camera detection, auto scan, preset point patrolling and camera drag-and-drop
- Users can view live video from anywhere with the NUUO mobile client with iPhone, iPad and Android support
- Email alerts and push notifications to mobiles can be alert the user of and detected activity
- Five intelligent searches efficiently locate significant data using detection for the following: foreign object, missing object, general motion, camera occlusion or lost focus
- Several areas at the same time can be monitoring using multi-view for effective area surveillance
- 360° panoramic cameras, megapixel and HD cameras are supported
- Automatic port forwarding opens internet ports for remote viewing and payback with just a single click
- POS data is displayed during live view on selected channels and associated video footage can be searched via the NVRmini 2 database
- Configuration, monitoring and playback is possible from anywhere with web-based management
- Video footage is complemented by recorded sound for more useful surveillance data
- Dual streaming reduces bandwidth usage as video can be recording in high quality whilst viewed in low quality (typical set up)
- Close up viewing of certain areas in a scene with digital pan-tilt-zoom control provides effective large area coverage
- q, 1, 5 and 10 RAID levels provide data protection and storage space flexibility
- Digital watermarking on snapshots and exported video prevents tampering (for use as evidence in court)
- 4 compression choices and a wide compatibility range including over 100 IP camera brands and over 2000 models
- Support for up to 128 channels by connecting multiple NVRmini 2 units enables system expansion at a later date
- Joystick support provides alternative camera control
- ONVIF compatible
The NE-4080 NVRmini 2 network video recorder is ideal for small CCTV installations in retail and office. This NUUO NVR is suitable for IP video systems that are likely to expand over time. The diverse range of supported cameras offers camera choice flexibility without dependency to a single manufacturer, making the NE-4080 NVRmini 2 suitable for use in most professional CCTV systems.
- Storage: please select from above drop down menu if required
Key technical features for NE-4080 NUUO NVRmini 2
|Supported devices||over 2000 IP camera models and video servers (encoders) from around 100 network camera manufacturers|
|Maximum no. of cameras:||8 (scalable up to 128 by connecting additional NUUO NVRmini 2 units)|
|HDD:||4 bays, RAID 0, 1, 5, 10|
|Audio:||one-way, synchronized audio and video recording|
|CPU and OS:||Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.6GHz, embedded Linux|
|Maximum throughput:||around 60/120fps at 1.3M, total bitrate: 40Mbps|
|Power:||DC 19V 2.1A, 40W|
|Resolution:||all resolutions supported, refer to NUUO supported camera page|
|Compression:||H.264. MPEG4, M-JPEG, H.264, MxPEG (Mobotix)|
|Frame-rate:||all frame rates supported, camera dependent, refer to NUUO supported camera page|
Viewing, detection & recording
|Camera control:||live view, preset/go, PTZ, remote I/O, snapshot, multi-view, digital PTZ, advanced E-Map
|Playback control:||simultaneous multi-channel playback, intelligent search, video enhancement, intelligent search and POS search|
|Intelligent search:||general motion, missing object, foreign object, lose focus, camera occlusion|
|Recording mode:||continuous record, record by schedule, event trigger record, digital input trigger record|
|Simultaneous users:||live view maximum 64 connections per server at the same time, 4 configurable user levels (administrator, power user, user and guest)|
|POS:||live view, record, playback, and search for every transaction|
|Alarm detection:||video motion detection, 2 x I/O ports (USB) for external detection devices|
|Alarm notifications:||notify users of alerts through sound, digital output devices (e.g. speakers, flashing light etc), push notification, e-mail and NUUO CMS alert|
|Backup:||auto backup: automatically backup the recorded video of previous dates to a designated FTP server, manual backup|
|Remote client:||Remote Live Viewer (software), Remote Live viewer (Web). OS: Windows XP (32 bit), Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 and 64 bit)|
|Mobile support:||iPhone, iPad, Android|
|Power:||DC 19V 2.1A, 40W|
|Network:||1 x Gigabit LAN port, RJ-45|
|HDD:||4 x SATA II HDD bays|
|I/O interface:||2 x USB 2.0|
|Monitor output (s):||none|
|Dimensions:||140.0 x 109.8 x 219.0 mm|
|Weight:||2.12 kg (w/o HDD)|
|Operating temperatures:||Operating: 0° C ~ 40°C (32°F ~ 104°F)|
|Protocols supported:||ARP/ TCP/ IP/ UDP/ HTTP/ SMTP/ FTP/ DDNS|
|Languages:||Chinese (simplified and traditional), Croation, Czeck, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portugese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish|
Documentation for NUUO NE-4080 NVRmini 2