This product is now discontinued, for alternative products see Synology Network Video Recorders (NVRs)
Overview of the NE-2040 NUUO NVRmini 2
Feature-rich, Linux-based and easy-to-use network video recorder (NVR) with access to live video via Android and iOS devices and support for a large range of IP camera makes and models and email alert. Ideal for small installations.
The NE-2040 NUUO NVRmini 2 is a simple to use network video recorder with up to 8TB of storage and 4 video channels (storage space is selectable above). Being Linux-based, NUUO NVRs are at reduced risk of virus attacks and provide a reliable system for stable CCTV management and recording. The NVRMini 2 is easy to install and manage with drag-and-drop, auto camera detection and a user-friendly web-based interface, all reducing installation and set up time.
Locating relevant video footage is made easy by NUUO's intelligent search facility and trigger settings including object gone missing, foreign object left in an area, time-stamped motion triggered recordings and obstruction of camera view. Point of Sale (POS) data can be displayed on screen of chosen channels and footage of individual transactions can be found quickly, a useful feature in retail environments. Managing the system is smooth and reliable with the server-client architecture whilst remote live viewing can be done through the web in addition to iOS and Android mobile devices for convenient access at all times.
Digital watermarking of video images (to provide solid evidence), auto port forwarding, multiple views, sound notification on alert and preset patrolling (PTZ and digital PTZ) are other useful and handy features. Back up for video data is available via FTP whilst 2 available RAID levels provide fail over protection. Video footage is enhanced by synchronised audio recording, providing sound to complement data captured.
The NUUO NVRmini 2 offers support for a diverse range of IP cameras including HD and multi-megapixel models from over 100 different brands and over 2000 models as well as 360° panoramic cameras (e.g. Vivotek fisheye cameras). H.264, MPEG4, M-JPEG compression methods alongside dual streaming enable effective and efficient bandwidth control, whilst support for Mobotix MxPEG compression technology allows the NUUO NVRs to be used with Mobotix high megapixel cameras. Multiple NVRmini 2 units can be connected together to support up to 128 video channels through a single management interface, providing cost-effective and flexible scalability over time.
All NUUO NVRs are supported by the NUUO iViewer mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Available from iTunes and Google play.
Please note: this NVR does not come with storage included, please select HDD storage space from the above drop down menu if required.
For supported cameras and video encoders: please visit the NUUO supported camera page.
Key features & benefits
- Linux-based system is stable and reliable, protects against virus attacks and is free from system-crash
- User-friendly interface which is simple to use and offers flexible configuration, auto camera detection, auto scan, preset point patrolling and camera drag-and-drop
- Users can check live video from anywhere with the iPhone, iPad and Android mobile client
- Users can be alerted of activity detected with email alerts and push notifications to mobiles
- Specific video data can be found and played back quickly with five intelligent searches including foreign object, missing object detection, general motion detection, camera occlusion or lost focus
- Multi-viewing enables the user to monitor several areas at the same time for effective scene analysis
- 360° panoramic cameras are supported and can to be used to their full potential
- With just one click, automatic port forwarding opens internet ports for remote playback and viewing
- POS data is displayed on selected live channels and POS data and associated video footage can be recorded and searched via the NVRmini 2 database
- Web-based management to configure, monitor and playback footage from anywhere
- Sound is provided through audio recording to complement video footage
- Dual streaming reduces bandwidth use as video can be recorded in high quality but viewed in lower quality (typical set up)
- Digital pan-tilt-zoom control provides close up viewing of certain areas in a scene
- 2 RAID levels provides data protection and capacity flexibility
- Digital watermarking on exported video and snapshots prevents tampering with data (for use as evidence in court)
- 4 different compression methods and wide compatibility range with over 100 IP camera brands and over 2000 models
- Scalable up to 128 channels by connecting multiple NVRmini 2 units
- Easy camera control with support for optional joystick
- ONVIF compatible
The NE-2040 NVRmini 2 network video recorder is ideal for small IP video installations in retail and office, and for CCTV systems that are likely to expand over time. The wide camera support range offers camera choice flexibility without being dependent to one manufacturer, making the NE-2040 NVRmini 2 suitable for use in some professional CCTV systems that require manufacturer flexibility.
- Storage: please select from above dropdown menu if required
Key technical features for NE-2040 NUUO NVRmini 2
|Supported devices||over 2000 IP camera models and video servers (encoders) from around 100 network camera manufacturers|
|Maximum no. of cameras:||4 (scalable up to 128 by connecting additional NUUO NVRmini 2 units)|
|HDD:||2 bays, RAID 0, 1|
|Audio:||one-way, synchronized audio and video recording|
|CPU and OS:||Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.6GHz, embedded Linux|
|Maximum throughput:||around 60/120fps at 1.3M, total bitrate: 40Mbps|
|Power:||DC 19V 2.1A, 40W|
|Resolution:||all resolutions supported, refer to NUUO supported camera page|
|Compression:||H.264. MPEG4, M-JPEG, H.264, MxPEG (Mobotix)|
|Frame-rate:||all frame rates supported, camera dependent, refer to NUUO supported camera page|
Viewing, detection & recording
|Camera control:||live view, preset/go, PTZ, remote I/O, snapshot, multi-view, digital PTZ, advanced E-Map
|Playback control:||simultaneous multi-channel playback, intelligent search, video enhancement, intelligent search and POS search|
|Intelligent search:||general motion, missing object, foreign object, lose focus, camera occlusion|
|Recording mode:||continuous record, record by schedule, event trigger record, digital input trigger record|
|Simultaneous users:||live view maximum 64 connections per server at the same time, 4 configurable user levels (administrator, power user, user and guest)|
|POS:||live view, record, playback, and search for every transaction|
|Alarm detection:||video motion detection, 2 x I/O ports (USB) for external detection devices|
|Alarm notifications:||notify users of alerts through sound, digital output devices (e.g. speakers, flashing light etc), push notification, e-mail and NUUO CMS alert|
|Backup:||auto backup: automatically backup the recorded video of previous dates to a designated FTP server, manual backup|
|Remote client:||Remote Live Viewer (software), Remote Live viewer (Web). OS: Windows XP (32 bit), Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 and 64 bit)|
|Mobile support:||iPhone, iPad, Android|
|Power:||DC 19V 2.1A, 40W|
|Network:||1 x Gigabit LAN port, RJ-45|
|HDD:||2 x SATA II HDD bays|
|I/O interface:||2 x USB 2.0|
|Monitor output (s):||none|
|Dimensions:||140.0 x 109.8 x 219.0 mm|
|Weight:||2.12 kg (w/o HDD)|
|Operating temperatures:||Operating: 0° C ~ 40°C (32°F ~ 104°F)|
|Protocols supported:||ARP/ TCP/ IP/ UDP/ HTTP/ SMTP/ FTP/ DDNS|
|Languages:||Chinese (simplified and traditional), Croation, Czeck, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portugese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish|
Documentation for NUUO NE-2040 NVRmini 2