Overview of the LILIN VS212
This product has been discontinued, an alternative is the Axis Q7401
The LILIN VS212 network video encoder enables users who have already invested in an analogue system, to migrate to an IP-based system. This eliminates the need to scrap the analogue system and makes use of the existing infrastructure and investment.
The VS212 network video encoder supports motion detection alarm functions and two-way audio support enables the operator to hear noise surrounding the camera and to be able to interact verbally through the encoder.
Up to 4 separate streams can be viewed simultaneously with quadruple streaming, and which can be individually configured. This enables live video to be viewed in low resolution whilst recording in HD, reducing bandwidth usage and therefore improving network performance and capacity. On-board SD storage offers a decentralised storage location, eliminating the risk of losing any data due to network loss or intermittence. It also allows more flexibility as data can be stored temporarily and then downloaded to a centralised device when network traffic is minimal, for example at night time or over a weekend (SD card not included).
The VS212 encoder supports viewing through mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad and Android. This provides remote and flexible viewing and recording that would not have been previously possible with a coax-cabled analogue CCTV system, further extending its life and flexibility.
Key features & benefits
- Encodes an analogue CCTV camera to IP video (up to 960H composition video signal supported)
- iPhone, iPad and Android mobile support
- Quadruple streaming supports viewing up to 4 separate streams that can be individually configured
- SD/SDHC recording support means data can be stored locally through the use of an SD card. This acts as a backup device in the case of network failure or intermittence (card not included - please select from above if required)
- Two-way audio support allows the encoder to record sound from the camera's location
- Motion detection alarm function LED flashes red to alert operators
- H.264 compression reduces file size with hardly any effect on original data, whilst decreasing demand across a network for bandwidth and storage. Motion JPEG streaming is also supported
- 10 user accounts available and 8 users can view simultaneously
- Can be rack-mounted with the optional video codec rack mount plate (BTE02S)
- LED indicators show at a glance whether the network is connected, if data is communicating and when an alarm is activated
The LILIN VS212 network video encoder is suited for use in public buildings, warehouses, factories and offices that have an existing analogue system that is to be integrated into an IP system without discarding existing infrastructure. It is a good solution for when operators need to view analogue footage from various locations and from a variety of devices.
- H.264 1CH video encoder
- CD software pack
- Instruction manual
- Power adaptor
- Video codec rack mount plate (BTE02S)
- SD card (please select from the above drop down menu if required)