Overview of the GCI-K1523V
This product is no longer available. For an alternative please see Vista VK2 1080VRDIR37E outdoor vandal-resistant mini dome IP camera, HD 1080p resolution.
With HD 1080p and a 2 megapixel CMOS sensor, the GCI-K1523V outdoor network camera produces high quality, smooth video at up to 25 frames per second. This can be compressed using H.264 to reduce video bitrate without compromising on video quality. The Grundig GCI-K1523V is an IK10-rated vandal resistant network camera suitable for use outdoors, particularly in areas subject to vandalism. A compact dome design makes this Grundig camera unobtrusive therefore ideal for unobtrusive monitoring operations. The IP66-rating of this network camera means it can withstand harsh weather conditions and temperatures ranging from -10°C to +50°C, making it a good choice for outdoor CCTV surveillance.
The GCI-K1523V has ‘true’ day night capability through the use of an automatic infrared cut filter which enables the camera to switch to monochrome in low light conditions, providing a suitable solution for 24 hour surveillance requirements. Two-way audio support comers from the use of a microphone and speaker (not included), so the user can interact verbally through the camera and listen-in to any surrounding noises. Importantly, multiple privacy zones allow for specific areas to be blocked from view.
Its wide dynamic range capability captures both highlights and dark shadows in an image and enhances contrast so all areas of the scene are visible and not saturated. 3D noise reduction enhances image quality further by removing noise captured in low light conditions, making images clearer. SD recording enables footage to be stored locally so smooth video is maintained and not broken by network drop-outs. Power over Ethernet reduces the costs of installation as one cable carries both network connectivity and power to the camera.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply (please select from the drop down menu above).
Key features & benefits
- IK10 vandal resistant rating means the GCI-K1523V is resilient and can withstand impact, this makes it a good choice for areas which are subject to vandalism
- IP66-rating means the camera can be used outdoors without damage as it is protected against dust and water
- Wide dynamic range and 3D noise reduction optimise image quality producing clear, detailed images
- Small, compact design makes the camera ideal for unobtrusive surveillance
- True day/night capability provides high quality round-the-clock surveillance regardless of lighting conditions
- HD 1080p (25 fps), 2 megapixel CMOS sensor produces highly detailed, smooth video which can be useful for event analysis and identification
- Two-way audio enables the user to verbally interact with someone through the camera and hear a response or any surrounding noise
- H.264 compression reduces file size with little effect on original footage, also minimising demands on the network
- On-board recording offers a decentralised storage solution so that in the event of a network failure, data is backed-up. If the optional SD storage is used as the main storage device for data then this will eliminate using storage space on the network
- Power over Ethernet reduces time and costs for installation as only one cable is needed
- Free Grundig CMS software to manage up to 16 channels and which allows viewing and playback on mobile devices.
The Grundig GCI-K1523V IP camera is suitable for uses where CCTV cameras may be subject to vandalism and also potentially bad weather conditions such as heavy rain and snow. The GCI-K1523V can also be used indoors for tough industrial environments subject to significant dust or moisture, such as in workshops and laboratories. The small, compact dome design can be flush mounted, making it ideal for non-invasive monitoring.
Compatible recording platforms
- Grundig GCI-K1523V network camera
- Grundig GCMS (Grundig Central Monitoring Station) software
Key technical features for Grundig GCI-K1523V
|Environment:||outdoor, IK10 vandal resistant, IP66 rated|
|Sensor:||1/2.7" CMOS, 2 Megapixel |
|Lens:||3 ~ 9 mm, viewing angle: approx. 104°(H) ~ 33°(V)|
|Compatibility:||MS Internet Explorer 6.0 (or higher), Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari|
|Resolution:||full HD 1080p/ SXGA/ HD 720p/ XGA/SVGA/ 4CIF/ VGA/ CIF |
|Frame-rate:||HD 1080p: 25 frames per second max.|
|Bandwidth control:||quad stream: max.: H.264+H.264+H.264+H.264 or H.264+H.264+H.264+MJPEG|
|Day/night:||On/Off/Auto, IR-cut filter removable (ICR)|
|Minimum illumination:||sensitivity colour:0.5 [email protected] (IRE50), 0.2 [email protected] (IRE30),sensitivity B&W: 0.1 [email protected] (IRE50), 0.02 [email protected] F1.2 (IRE30) |
|Imaging:||digital wide dynamic range, 2D & 3D noise filter, white balance, digital zoom|
Viewing, detection & recording
|Privacy masking:||5 zones, rectangle |
|Number of users:||20|
|External alarm inputs and outputs||alarm terminal 4-Pin (alarm in 2-pin, alarm out 2-pin photo relay 300VDC/AC),|
|Alarm detection:||built-in motion detection, tamper detection|
|Alarm action:||alarm input, motion detection or schedule: image transfer or alarm message by FTP, image transfer or alarm message by e-mail, recording on SD-card, enable alarm output and send HTTP notification |
|On-camera recording:||supports up to 32 GB capacity of micro SD/SDHC memory |
|Recording software included:||Grundig CMS, manages up to 16 channels|
|Power:||Power over Ethernet, 12 VDC/ 24 VAC/ PoE IEEE 802.3af |
|Video output:||1Vpp, BNC|
|Input/ output:||video out(BNC), power(3-Pin Term), RJ-45, MicroSD card slot, alarm terminal 4-Pin (alarm in 2-pin, alarm out 2-pin photo relay 300VDC/AC), audio (4-pin)|
|Dimensions:||151mm x 131 mm|
|Mounting methods:||optional: wall, pole, pendant, flush, corner, smoked bubble cover|
|Operating temperatures:||-10°C ~ +50°C Humidity:10 ~ 90% no condensation |
|Protocols supported:||IPv4/v6, TCP/IP, UDP, RTP, RTSP, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, PPPoE, UPnP, SMTP, ICMP, IGMP, SNMP, IEEE802.1x, QoS, ONVIF |
Documentation for Grundig GCI-K1523V