Overview of the Milestone XProtect Expert - Base Licence
Milestone XProtect Expert is advanced IP video management software suitable for medium to large and distributed IP camera installations. With no limitation to the number of cameras, users or recording servers, the software’s powerful central management interfaces help simplify the installation and daily operation of large systems.
Failover recording servers offer reliable video access and recording in the event of network problems or server down-time and camera-based storage ensures that video recordings can be preserved at the edge until network connections are restored. XProtect Expert provides operators with real-time situational overviews of both their system and its configured alarms with the use of multi-layer interactive maps and XProtect’s Alarm Manager interface. The XProtect Smart Wall application is available as an optional add-on and displays a complete system overview, allowing control room operators to efficiently exchange data and coordinate response activities across multiple locations. Other XProtect add-on products and third-party software applications remain supported in this version of XProtect and offer a wide range of video solutions to help increase the levels of functionality in a system.
The Open Platform design of Milestone XProtect is compatible with over 6000 IP devices – helpful when integrating the software into existing systems. Additionally, IP cameras with no built-in motion detection can still be fully utilised using XProtect’s software based video motion detection. A range of configuration wizards and automatic camera discovery features are also available to help speed up and simplify installation.
Milestone’s three free interfaces help to provide easy access to the system – anywhere, anytime. XProtect Smart Client offers full control and management of the system when on site and XProtect Web Client provides remote access to live footage, playback and the sharing of recordings via internet-enabled devices. In addition, Milestone Mobile is a free application for iOS and Android devices that delivers views of live and recorded video – on the go.
Please note: This licence is for the installation of the XProtect Expert recording server. To add camera licences you will need to purchase an additional Milestone XProtect Expert camera licence for each device. Additionally, the purchase of a Milestone Care Plus plan is mandatory with XProtect Expert and the plan coverage term can be selected from the option above.
Key Features and Benefits
- Milestone XProtect Expert offers a scalable video management solution with no limit to the number of connected cameras
- Multi-server and multi-site support allows XProtect Expert to be deployed across dispersed IP video systems
- Powerful central management interfaces enable easy configuration and day-to-day operation of large systems
- Failover recording servers ensure access to video in the event of server-downtime
- Camera-based storage offers redundancy and ensures the continuous recording of video to edge storage in the event of network failure
- Microsoft Active Directory support allows user settings and profiles to be centrally managed
- Open Platform design is compatible with over 4000 IP devices – ideal when integrating XProtect into existing systems
- All IP cameras in a system can be used for motion detection using powerful software-based detection and triggers
- Video motion detection alarms and connected external devices can trigger recordings and alert operators of possible incidents
- Multi-layer interactive maps offer a comprehensive overview of the entire system
- Support for the delivery of audio messages as well as the ability to listen to camera-based audio in live or playback
- Multi-live streaming enables multiple streams whilst optimising bandwidth use and viewing performance – ideal for installations with mixed network connections
- Alarm manager provides a consolidated overview of security and system alarms
- XProtect Smart Wall gives a complete overview of large surveillance systems, allowing view layouts to be easily defined and populated
- PTZ patrols and unlimited pre-set positions are supported and can be set to trigger on an event basis
- Data can be archived to Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices for a secure and long-term storage solution
- XProtect add-on products and third-party software integrations enhance functionality and add value to an already comprehensive surveillance software solution
- XProtect Smart Client, Web Client and Milestone Mobile are available and provide access to the system anywhere, anytime
- Configuration wizards and automatic camera detection enables simple set up
Milestone XProtect Expert offers an advanced video management solution for medium to large or distributed CCTV installations. Typical applications include stadiums, train station terminals and city surveillance.
(please call for further details)
- Milestone XProtect Smart Wall
- XProtect Expert Base Licence
The base licence is required for installation of XProtect Expert on your server. The licence is for single-server, multi-server and multi-site installations.
- XProtect Expert Camera Licence
In addition to the base licence, a Milestone XProtect Expert camera licence is required for every IP camera or video encoder channel you wish to add your system.
- Milestone Care Plus
Milestone Care Plus plan is mandatory with XProtect Expert and ensures you have access to new software releases containing bug fixes and additional features. The required plan coverage term can be selected from the option above.