Overview of the JVC VN-T216VPRU
This product has now been discontinued, an alternative is the LILIN ZR6122
The vandal-proof VN-T216VPRU outdoor IP surveillance camera is part of JVC Professional's LoLux range of HD network cameras. It features strong low-light performance and has built-in infrared LEDs with a range of 15m to illuminate the scene even in total darkness. This practical, high performing camera is able to capture footage in low-light conditions as low as 0.3 lux in colour and 0.2 lux in monochrome, with true day/night functionality and a switchable infrared-cut filter to switch between full colour and monochrome video.
The network camera comes with bi-directional audio, allowing microphones and speakers to be connected to allow interactive communication between the user and those in the camera's field of view. It also has JVC's Easy Wide Dynamic Range feature and backlight compensation to ensure the best possible image in high contrast scenes. Edge recording allows recording onto SD cards and NAS devices to save on bandwidth. The JVC VN-T216VPRU provides this useful backup option in the event of network failure.
The VN-T216VPRU comes with an IP66-rated housing, providing protection against vandalism and also against harsh weather conditions such as rain and hail. ONVIF compliance allows the camera to be integrated with a wide variety of network recording devices and video management software such as Milestone XProtect, providing a robust security solution.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply. Should you require a Power over Ethernet midspan, please select one from the options above.
Key features & benefits of the JVC VN-T216VPRU
- Full HD 1080p resolution at up to 25fps for superior image quality
- Better H.264 video performance (uses High Profile) than Main Profile implementations
- Built-in infrared LEDs provides illumination up to 15m from the camera for night-time surveillance
- True day/night mode uses an infrared-cut filter to switch between colour and monochrome footage
- Bi-directional audio allows speakers and microphones to be connected to the camera, providing two-way communication between users and the camera view
- Edge recording onto SD cards and NAS devices provides a useful backup option in the event of network failure
- ONVIF compliance allows the camera to be integrated with a variety of recording software and network video recorders
Typical applications for the JVC VN-T216VPRU
With HD 1080p resolution and integrated infrared LEDs, the JVC VN-T216VPRU is useful for monitoring outdoor areas which need a high level of detail to be captured including warehouses, public parkways, business entrances, loading bays, bus terminals, train stations and for perimeter surveillance.
Included accessories for the JVC VN-T216VPRU
- Instruction booklet