Overview of the JVC VN-H257VPBU
This product has now been discontinued, an alternative is the Axis P3225-LVE
The JVC VN-H257VPBU is an outdoor-ready IP security camera which is part of JVC's Super LoLux IP camera range. This network camera delivers high-quality HD 1080p video footage at up to 30fps for a superior high image quality comparable with JVC's well-established CCD-based cameras. The IP camera is extremely light sensitive and is able to capture footage at light levels as low as 0.3 lux in colour and 0.03 lux in black and white.
JVC's Clear Logic Video Intelligence (CLVI) image processing technology compensates for and digitally removes haze, rain and smoke, while backlight compensation ensures detail is captured on objects in front of strong light sources. Edge recording to SD cards and NAS drives provide backup recording in the event of network downtime. Bi-directional audio allows speakers and microphones to enable interactive communication between users and subjects nearby.
The camera's robust IP66-rated outdoor housing is vandal-proof and tamper proof and the camera is compliant with both ONVIF and PSIA protocols, allowing it to be integrated with a wide variety of video surveillance applications and hardware.
Please note: This camera does not come with a power supply. Should you require a Power over Ethernet midspan, please select one from the options above.
Key features & benefits of the JVC VN-H257VPBU
- Full HD 1080p resolution at up to 30fps for clear, crisp, highly detailed video
- Super LoLux HD sensor creates superior colour footage during periods of low-light
- True day/night with an automatic infrared-cut filter allows for continuous recording by switching from full colour to black and white
- Clear Logic Video Intelligence analytics minimise the effects of smoke and haze and compensates for strong backlighting
- Bi-directional audio allows microphones and speakers to be connected to the camera for interactive communication between users and the field of view
- Edge recording to SD cards and NAS recorders helps save on storage and provides a backup option in case of network failure
- IP66-rated casing provides protection against wind, rain and dust and against vandalism
- ONVIF and PSIA compliance allows the camera to be integrated with a wide range of video management software and recording devices
Typical applications for the JVC VN-H257VPBU
The JVC VN-H257VPBU IP security camera provides highly detailed CCTV footage even in difficult conditions. Outdoor-ready, the camera can be easily installed and configured on-site, making it useful for monitoring locations such as business entrances, cash machines, warehouses, loading bays, outdoor car parks, transport hubs and train stations.
Included accessories for the JVC VN-H257VPBU
- Instruction booklet
- Ferrite core
- Silica gel