This product is discontinued, for an alternative model please see the Synology Network Attached Storage category
Overview of the Sony NSR-500
The Sony IPELA NSR-500 provides up to 16 channel recording for Sony IP cameras, enabling the quick and easy creation of professional security networks. The system is compliant with all Sony IP cameras and features up to 12TB of storage (selectable above) with 9TB usable with RAID 5, enough for 400 hours of HD video, providing longer retention periods with more cameras than other recorders.
The unit is compatible with existing Sony recording hardware and software, so can be installed alongside with minimal disruption. Automatic camera search and setup wizards allow large-scale systems to be set up quickly, minimising installation costs.
Control of the unit can be performed locally by connecting a monitor, keyboard and mouse, suitable for security control rooms. Alternatively, the unit can be accessed remotely through its web interface for remote monitoring scenarios or reactive surveillance. The NVR can also be mounted into 19" server cabinets for easy integration with network infrastructure (additional mounting kit required).
Support for UPS devices also improves the reliability of recordings, ensuring that the unit can continue to function during short power failures. Additionally, the system can expand as requirements increase, up to a total of 24 simultaneous cameras with an additional license (NSBK-CL05 purchased separately). Storage expansion can also be made using the incorporated iSCSI interface.
Please note: By default, this Network Video Recorder does not include any storage. To add storage, please make your selection from the options above.
Key features & benefits of the Sony NSR-500
- Record up to 400 hours of HD video - capacities of up to a maximum of 12TB are available
- Up to 16 simultaneous cameras - create large-scale, professional surveillance systems
- Expand the system to 24 cameras - additional license allows the system to expand alongside requirements
- Local or network access - use the system locally with an monitor, mouse and keyboard, or remotely across the network
- Plug and play architecture and setup wizards - Set up the system quickly
- Compliant with existing Sony security equipment - expand existing systems NSR-1000 hardware and Sony RealShot Manager Advanced systems
- UPS support - integrate with UPS devices for improved reliability
- Built-in data redundancy
Typical applications for the Sony NSR-500
The Sony NSR-500 is suited to the creation of enterprise-level standalone surveillance networks in locations such as schools, department stores, hospitals and corporate office buildings.
Included accessories for the Sony NSR-500
- Installation manual
- Setup CD
- Warranty booklet
- Front panel keys
- Rubber pads
- HDD screws (models without HDDs)
- Setup Disc (models without HDDs)