This product is now discontinued, for alternatives models please see Network Video Encoders
Overview of the Sony SNT-EX104
The advanced Sony ST-EX104 video encoder not only converts analogue video to IP but also enhances the image quality and functionality of your existing CCTV cameras. Features such as XDNR noise reduction, Sony's Visibility Enhancer (VE) and Dynamic Frame Integration (DFI) reduce motion blur and improve performance in low light, whilst DEPA Advanced increases functionality by adding video analytics features to the system, such as motion detection and people or object identification.
Other useful features include full duplex audio with four inputs and outputs, an RS-485 serial interface and four alarm inputs and outputs. PTZ control is supported for most PTZ cameras. Dual streaming, using any combination of formats (H.264, JPEG, MPEG-4) and individually configurable streams, enables live viewing and recording at different quality and frame rate settings, helping to manage bandwidth use.
On-board recording using USB flash drives is available as a localised backup. Sony's Realshot Manager Lite is included at no additional cost, providing a professional PC-based recording solution out of the box.
Key features & benefits of the Sony SNT-EX104
- Converts up to four analogue CCTV cameras into network cameras. Both static and PTZ cameras are supported
- DEPA Advanced analytics technology provides motion and object detection for effective, reliable event detection
- XDNR technology eliminates image blur in low-light conditions, ideal for capturing highly detailed footage at night
- Visibility Enhancer system suppresses extreme white and dark areas in high-contrast environments to improve image quality
- Dynamic Frame Integration identifies moving objects to prioritise scanning for sharper, clearer video
- Advanced Audio Detection triggers events based on unexpected changes in audio levels, ideal for low-light event triggering
- Dual streaming offers a choice of compression formats, providing flexibility for bandwidth and storage space
- On-board USB slots provide an internal, reliable recording system
- Sony RealShot Manager Lite comes included with the device, providing an out-of-the-box recording solution
Typical applications for the Sony SNT-EX104
The Sony SNT-EX104 video encoder is ideal for converting analogue CCTV to IP where performance improvements are required in video quality and / or system functionality. It is best used when system improvement is required but replacing existing analogue camera equipment is not feasible, either financially or practically such as for example in listed buildings or installations with an extensive coax cabling infrastructure in place.
Accessories for the Sony SNT-EX104
- Setup CD
- Installation manual
- Warranty booklet
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- I/O port connector