This product is now discontinued, for alternative products please see Network Video Encoders
Overview of the Vivotek VS8801
The Vivotek VS8801 converts analogue signals into IP video, ideal for bringing older CCTV systems into the digital IP age without having to replace existing equipment. The device is able to support up to 8 cameras and includes features such as tamper detection and motion detection to add event triggering to existing analogue cameras.
The server also allows users to control pan-tilt-zoom cameras remotely, while 2-way audio functionality allows accessories such as microphones and speakers to be connected, helping to upgrade analogue systems. Multiple units can be connected and rack-mounted to fit quickly and easily into network cabinets.
Key features & benefits of the Vivotek VS8801
- Convert analogue video signals into IP streams without having to replace existing cameras
- Tamper and motion detection add event detection to existing analogue cameras
- Two-way audio support allows for the connection of speakers and microphones to enhance security systems
- Multiple devices can fit together to become rack-mountable for easy installation into network cabinets
- Triple-codec streaming with options on frame rates, resolutions and image quality for easy connection onto existing systems
Typical applications for the Vivotek VS8801
Able to convert analogue signals into IP video, the Vivotek VS8801 is ideal for installation into premises where existing CCTV system need to be upgraded to IP, including factories, shops, historic buildings, train stations or transport hubs.
Accessories for the Vivotek VS8801
- I/O connector
- Power adapter
- Quick installation guide
- Software CD
- Warranty card