This product has been discontinued, an alternative model is the Sony SNC-EM601.
Overview of the Sony SNC-EM521
The Sony SNC-EM521 is a rugged IP camera designed for professional surveillance of high-risk locations where damage to the camera is a possibility. The sturdy Aluminium casing is IK10-rated, ensuring that it can withstand malicious attacks or hard knocks, and with SVGA-resolution video, can capture clear footage of people in view.
Powerful video analytics help to reduce falsely triggered events, evaluating motion and disregarding expected or repeated motion, lowering hard drive requirements for recordings. Support for all three major compression formats provides options for image quality and bandwidth constraints, while the Stream Squared feature simulates two separate VGA-resolution cameras for reduced system costs (on supported recording platforms only).
The camera is suited to areas with changing light conditions, with day/night switching for colour video in daylight and highly-sensitive monochrome video at night, event in complete darkness when twinned with infrared lighting. Easy focus/zoom system can adjust the camera's lens remotely, setting the optimum view at the touch of a button, making installation very quick and easy.
Please note: This camera does not come with a power supply. Should you require a Power over Ethernet midspan please add one using the options above.
Key features & benefits of the Sony SNC-EM521
- The rugged, compact casing is IK10-rated, able to be mounted in high-risk locations without risk of damage
- Triple-codec support provides flexibility for image quality and bandwidth use
- Day/night switching lets the camera operate 24 hours a day
- SVGA-resolution footage is crisp and clear for capturing detailed images
- The Stream Squared system lowers system costs by simulating multiple cameras
- The camera is easy to install with Easy Focus system and Power over Ethernet support
Typical applications of the Sony SNC-EM521
This IP camera is ideal for monitoring high-risk areas where vandalism or damage is a possibility, such as schools, factory floors, public buildings, transportation terminals, shops and hotels.
Included accessories for the Sony SNC-EM521
- Setup CD
- Wire rope
- Camera unit mounting screws
- Shoulder screw M4
- LAN cable
- Installation manual