This product is now discontinued, for alternative products please see the full range of Network Video Encoders
Overview of the Axis P7214 (0417-002)
The Axis P7214 network video encoder converts video from analogue security cameras for use on IP video networks, ideal for locations where significant investment has already been made into analogue CCTV. Up to four cameras can be encoded by the unit at full D1 resolution at 30fps. H.264 video compression is also available, reducing the bandwidth requirements to prevent video from impacting on the data network.
Recordings can be made directly on the device using a MicroSDHC memory card, lowering video bandwidth on the network and reducing system costs as no other recording devices are required. Tampering detection also ensures that downtime due to malicious attacks is kept to a minimum by alerting users if the camera is moved, spray painted or defocused.
Users can listen to events from the site as well as sending voice back using the unit's 2-way audio system, providing a means of interactive communication or a way to warn off intruders. Support is also available for PTZ cameras using the RS485/422 interface, allowing camera to be controlled from remote locations. Additionally, Power over Ethernet allows the unit to be powered through the Ethernet cable, making it quick and easy to install.
The Axis P7214 encoder is also compatible with Axis' free Companion software and allows you to view, record and export HDTV-quality footage to SD cards to help save on storage. Mobile phone viewing apps are available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices, allowing you to take your surveillance on the move.
Key features & benefits of the Axis P7214 (0417-002)
- Convert analogue security equipment for use on IP networks, protecting previous investment
- Encode up to 4 video feeds at the same time
- Edge recording to MicroSDHC card lowers network traffic by storing video footage onto the device itself
- Tamper detection software alerts users to downtime caused by spray-painting, defocusing or view-movement
- H.264 compression maximizes hard drive capacity by compressing video by up to 80%
- 2-way audio allows for interactive communication between viewers and the camera location
- Pan-tilt-zoom cameras are supported, allowing camera views to be moved remotely
- Power over Ethernet support reduces installation times as only a single cable needs to be run for both power and data
Typical applications of the Axis P7214 (0417-002)
The Axis P7214 is ideal for a variety of scenarios where analogue security equipment needs to be updated to use the benefits of IP in locations such as service stations, shops, schools, historic buildings, offices and workshops.
Accessories for the Axis P7214 (0417-002)
- Power supply
- Mounting and connector kits
- Installation guide
- CD with installation and management tools, software and user manual
- Windows decoder user licenses