This product is now discontinued, an alternative is the Raytec Vario i8-3
Overview of Raytec Raymax 300
The Raytec Raymax 300 is an infrared illuminator well-suited to a diverse range of environments that require monitoring 24-hours a day, including building sites, factories and shipyards. It is also ideal for areas in which light pollution restrictions may be in effect, as infrared light is invisible to the human eye.
The Raytec Raymax 300 is designed to work with almost any infrared-sensitive camera. Falling light levels are automatically detected by the integrated photocell, enabling infrared illumination when light levels fall below a predefined threshold. It is therefore possible for footage to be provided around the clock when combined with a day/night functional camera, with a full colour image by day and a black-and-white infrared image at night. The Raytec Raymax 300 is also suitable for use in conjunction with a HD camera, helping to produce consistently clear images in difficult lighting conditions.
Users have the choice of illumination angles between 10° to 180° (selectable from above menu). Full 360° coverage is possible by using two RM300 units (select product code RM300-AI-120 from above menu).
One illuminator provides coverage over distances of up to 370 m (1,124 ft.), with a variable range of distances available depending on the chosen angle. An Advanced Thermal Management system reduces the heat surrounding the LEDs, extending the product's lifespan to up to 10 years, while Surface Mount Technology (SMT) provides a solid mount for LEDs instead of the comparatively unreliable, conventional 'through-hole' placement. The Raytec Raymax 300 is also equipped with a vandal-resistant polycarbonate lens that can absorb attacks, from blunt instruments to airgun shots.
Please note: the Raytec Raymax 300 infra-red LED illuminator is available with various angles and distances of illumination. Please select your required illumination angle and distance from the options in the above drop-down menu.
If intending to operate under the wavelength of the 940 nm option, please contact Raytec for details regarding the varying distances of coverage.
Key features & benefits of Raytec Raymax 300
- Infrared illumination at long range, allowing night time coverage up to 370 m (1,124 ft.).
- Reduces the incidence of light pollution.
- Advanced LED technology provides optimal efficiency, with an expected product lifetime of up to 10 years.
- Adaptive Illumination gives users the opportunity to set a suitable spread of light during installation.
- Even Output Illumination produces light levels appropriate to the camera’s field of view, providing high-quality, consistent imagery.
- If used in conjunction with a High Definition camera, the illuminator can aid in providing clear and consistent images 24 hours a day, making it ideal for use in situations where facial recognition is a priority.
Typical applications of Raytec Raymax 300
The Raytec Raymax 300 should be used in combination with infrared-sensitive cameras on sites which require 24 hour security. Examples include shipyards, building sites and large factories, as well as any areas of high security where light pollution restrictions are enforced
Accessories for Raytec Raymax 300
- U-shape mounting bracket
- Adaptive Illumination bracket
- Adjustable power supply with photocell: input 100 - 240 V AC, output 120 W max (telemetry control available)
- Installation guide