This product is now discontinued, an alternative is the Raytec Vario i4-3
Overview of Raytec Raymax 150
The Raytec Raymax 150 is an infrared illuminator that is ideal for a range of environments which require 24 hour monitoring. Examples of such locations include prisons, industrial parks and power plants. The Raymax 150 also comes with a vandal-resistant polycarbonate lens, which can endure severe impacts from blunt instruments and airgun shots.
The Raytec Raymax 150 works with infrared-sensitive cameras. The integrated light photocell automatically detects when light levels fall below a predetermined threshold, activating the infrared illumination function when this point is reached. Combined with an infrared-sensitive camera, a colour image will be provided in suitable lighting conditions, and an infrared black-and-white image in poor lighting conditions. High Definition cameras can also benefit from additional illumination, providing clearer, more consistent footage as a result, especially if facial recognition is a critical factor.
The Raytec Raymax 150 enables users to choose any angle of illumination from 10° to 180° (selectable from above menu). A range of angles between 181° and 360° is possible if two RM150 units are used (select product code RM150-AI-120 from above menu). One illuminator can provide a maximum coverage distance of 183 m (600 ft.).
The Raytec Raymax 150 also features Advanced Thermal Management. Coupled with an inclusive LED cooling system this increases product longevity up to ten years. This works effectively in combination with Surface Mount Technology (SMT), which provides a solid mount for LEDs that compares favourably against the traditional 'through-hole' placement of components.
Please note: The Raytec Raymax 150 infrared LED illuminators are available with various angles and distances of illumination. Please select your required illumination angle and distance from the options in the above drop-down menu.
If intending to operate under the wavelength of the 940nm option, please contact Raytec for details regarding the varying distances of coverage.
Key features & benefits of Raytec Raymax 150
- Illuminates objects in total darkness at distances up to 183 m (600 ft.).
- Does not exacerbate light pollution issues.
- Advanced Thermal Management system ensures that the product can run efficiently for up to ten years - longer than a traditional LED lighting component.
- Users are able to define an ideal spread of illumination during the installation process.
- Even Output Illumination feature ensures that the illumination level is ideal for the immediate environment at all times.
- Aids HD image quality in poor lighting conditions.
Typical applications of Raytec Raymax 150
The Raytec Raymax 150 is designed for use with IP cameras which are sensitive to infrared light at a wavelength of 850 or 940 nm and is ideal for locations requiring round-the-clock surveillance, such as industrial parks, prisons, factories and power plants
Accessories for Raytec Raymax 150
- U-shape mounting bracket
- Adaptive Illumination bracket
- Adjustable power supply with photocell: input 100 - 240 V AC, output 75 W max (telemetry control available)
- Installation guide