This product has been discontinued and replaced by the Sony SNC-EB602R.
Overview of Sony SNC-CH160
The Sony SNC-CH160 is a fixed outdoor IP camera. It is equipped with an IP66-rated casing, which protects it in demanding weather conditions, and a built-in heater, enabling it to operate in temperatures as low as -30°C (-22°F). Alongside this, the SNC-CH160 is capable of delivering a full HD 720p image, making it ideal for outdoor installation in areas that require a highly detailed image, such as car parks and industrial sites.
The SNC-CH160 is also fitted with a built-in infrared filter and infrared LEDs providing clear views in darkness of at least 20m. When light levels drop below a specified threshold, the SNC-CH160 can switch from a colour image to an infrared-sensitive black and white image, providing an effective, integrated 24-hour monitoring solution.
As well as this, the SNC-CH160 incorporates Sony DEPA technology. This intelligent video analytics system monitors the camera's environment and alerts you to any activity outside of your predefined parameters. Sony's Stream Squared feature enables the SNC-CH160 to stream two 4:3 aspect ratio videos simultaneously, useful for isolating specific areas of the camera's field of view for detailed monitoring.
The SNC-CH160 also has a number of features to aid installation. These include Easy Focus and Easy Zoom, which help installers optimise the image once the camera is in place, and Power over Ethernet, which can provide both power and network connectivity through just one cable, simplifying installation and reducing cost of deployment.
To further reduce costs, the SNC-CH160 comes with Sony RealShot Manager Lite software, offering a recording and playback solution out-of-the-box.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply. Please select if required.
Key features & benefits of Sony SNC-CH160
- IP66-rated outdoor casing offers protection from challenging weather conditions
- HD 720p image is suitable for applications such as facial identification
- Sony's DEPA intelligent video system notifies you of any attempts to tamper with the camera or any activity in the camera's field of view outside of user-defined parameters
- Built-in heater enables the camera to continue operating in extreme cold
- Provides a round-the-clock surveillance solution using a built-in black-and-white infrared-sensitive filter and infrared lighting (20m range)
- Stream Squared function transmits two 4:3 aspect ratio videos in standard definition at the same time, making the SNC-CH160 an economical alternative to two standard definition cameras (on supported software and devices only)
- Easy Zoom and Easy Focus features aid installers
- Power over Ethernet provides both power and a network connection over a single cable
- Included RealShot Manager Lite software provides an out of the box solution for playback and recording, no additional software is required
Typical applications of Sony SNC-CH160
The SNC-CH160 is well suited to implementation in outdoor areas with demanding weather conditions, such as industrial sites and car parks
Accessories for Sony SNC-CH160
- CD-ROM (User’s Guide, SNC Toolbox, RSM-Lite)
- Installation manual
- B&P warranty booklet
- Wire rope
- M4 screw x8