As from 10th October 2016 Milestone has discontinued the sale of the Milestone XProtect Essential Base Licence. However, Milestone XProtect Essential Camera Licences and Milestone Care Plus for existing XProtect Essential users will still be available for purchase until 1st June 2019 at which point XProtect Essential Camera Licences will be discontinued.
The recommended upgrade path for XProtect Essential users is to the best-selling Milestone XProtect Express recording software.
Overview of the Milestone XProtect Essential - Base Licence
Milestone XProtect Essential is a feature-rich IP video management system that is ideal for use in small businesses and for home users. This XProtect Essential Base Licence includes two free camera licences and can be expanded to a maximum of 26 connected cameras or video encoder channels.
Multiple operators (maximum of 5) are able to access the system to view live video footage, manage IP settings and easily retrieve recordings that can then be exported for further investigation.
Milestone XProtect’s Open Platform design supports over 4000 different IP camera models that, when combined with software-based video motion detection, allows you to maximise the use of every IP camera throughout the system. Automatic configuration wizards and camera detection are handy time savers, helping to make system setup quick and easy.
Access to the system is made simple with the help of Milestone’s three free interfaces. The XProtect Smart Client software offers full management of the system while on site and the XProtect Web Client allows operators to view live images, playback and share recordings remotely when away from site. Additionally, Milestone Mobile is a free application that supports the viewing and quick export of both live and recorded video - directly via a smartphone or tablet.
Please note: This licence is for the installation of the XProtect Essential recording server and two video sources. To add camera licences you will need to purchase an additional Milestone XProtect Essential camera license for each device. Milestone Care Plus is included for the first year - if you wish to extend this cover, please select the coverage term from the option above.
Key Features and Benefits
- Milestone XProtect Essential offers a versatile video monitoring and recording solution for up to 26 IP cameras and video devices
- XProtect Essential Base Licence includes two free camera licences and one free year of Milestone Care Plus
- More than one user is able to access the system simultaneously (maximum of 5)
- Support for multiple video export formats provides flexible recording management
- Open Platform supports over 4000 different IP devices – offering a huge camera choice
- CCTV systems using IP cameras without built-in video analytics can be centrally managed with software based video motion detection
- Automatic configuration wizards and camera detection functions help to simply installation
- Instant access and system management is supported via the XProtect Smart Client
- XProtect Web Client provides remote access to the system and camera management when away from site
- Free Milestone Mobile application allows operators to view live video and playback recordings – all from a mobile device
- Video motion detection alarms and connected external devices can be used to trigger recordings and alert operators of possible incidents via push notifications
- Interactive map function in the Smart Client provides the operator with a full overview of the camera system
- Camera based audio can be listened to in live view and recording playback – helpful when investigating events
- A range of video search tools support the quick retrieval of recordings
- Up to 25 pre-set PTZ positions are supported and can be triggered on an event basis
Designed for small installations with up to 26 devices, Milestone XProtect Essential is an ideal video management solution for businesses such as independent retail stores, restaurants, small offices and bars.
- XProtect Essential Base License
The base licence is required for installation of XProtect Essential on your server. The licence is for single-server installation only. The base licence includes two camera licences, allowing you to connect two IP cameras to the system
- XProtect Essential Camera License
In addition to the base licence, a Milestone XProtect Essential camera license is required for every IP camera or video encoder channel you wish to add your system.
- Milestone Care Plus
XProtect Essential Base Licence includes a first year of Care Plus, free-of-charge. Care Plus ensures you have access to new software releases containing bug fixes and additional features.