Overview of the Axis W100 Body Worn Camera
- Captures HD 1080p resolution video at up to 25 fps
- Fixed 2.1mm lens provides wide 141° horizontal field of view
- Built-in dual microphones
- Extremely lightweight and water resistant with up to 17 hours battery life
- Axis 3-year warranty
- Size: 94 x 68 x 27 mm
This easy-to-use wearable camera is designed for use in situations that require unobtrusive ‘on-person’ recording of incidents. The camera is able to store up to 30 hours of recorded video and should be used with a W700 docking station for the offloading and long-term storage of data to the W800 System Controller. With a battery life of up to 17 hours, the unit is able to capture clear HD 1080p resolution video at up to 25 frames per second (fps) and is housed in a water resistant, IP67-rated casing for reliable outdoor use. Built-in dual microphones allow users to record sound close to the camera with minimal noise, and Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology is included for the delivery of sharp images in challenging lighting conditions. This palm-sized unit is the ideal choice for emergency services, security personnel or other workers who deal with the general public on a daily basis.
The camera is designed to be used with the Axis W700 docking station to offload data to the W800 System Controller. Its fixed lens provides a wide horizontal viewing angle of 141°, meaning users can capture a wide area of the scene during an incident – helping to ensure vital evidence is not missed. Similarly, built-in dual microphones record clear audio with noise suppression to complement video and provide comprehensive visual and audio evidence of an incident. The versatile camera can start or stop recording with the quick touch of a button and can buffer up to 90 seconds before it is switched on - ensuring capture of the entire event. Additionally, with a battery life of up to 17 hours, USB charging and fast offloading, this unit is straightforward to setup and use 'on-the-go.'
WDR technology retains image details in strongly backlit scenes – ensuring objects and individuals can be identified clearly. This means that the W100 body worn camera is able to produce high-quality images even in challenging or constantly changing lighting conditions - which is often the case when the wearer is moving around a location.
The camera itself stores data temporarily with 64GB of non-volatile memory that is able to store up to 30 hours of recorded video. The W100 should therefore be used in conjunction with a docking station and system controller for the offloading and long-term storage of data. Sophisticated video management is possible through integration with Axis video management software (VMS) such as Axis Camera Station. In addition, with the Axis Optimizer Body Worn Extension, the system can be integrated with high-performance third-party video management and evidence management applications, such as Milestone XProtect.
The Axis W100 is designed to be worn by users to not only record video footage of encounters, but to also provide a deterrent for negative behaviour on the part of both the public and the camera wearer. It is equipped with the Axis TW1100 Clip Mount to aid users in clipping the device to uniforms; and users can also use the Klick Fast System for compatibility with most available mounting options.
Key features & benefits
- Body worn IP camera delivers HD 1080p resolution video at up to 25 frames per second
- Fixed 2.1mm lens provides wide 141° horizontal field of view – helping to ensure vital evidence is not missed
- Compatible with the Axis W700 docking station and W800 System Controller for the offloading and temporary storage of data
- Compact, lightweight form factor for unobtrusive recording and easy wearing
- Water resistant, IP67-rated casing and up to 17 hours battery life for reliable use outdoors
- Built-in dual microphones for excellent audio and noise suppression
- WDR technology retains image details across scenes with high-contrast lighting
- Buffers up to 90 seconds before switched on so users can capture the entire encounter
- Quick and easy to set up and take off with USB charging and fast offloading
- Integration with third-party video management systems with the Axis Optimizer Body Worn Extension
The Axis W100 body worn camera is a versatile unit that helps to document events and capture evidence 'on-the-go.' It offers an effective solution for deterring bad behaviour and can be used for a variety of purposes from police officers recording footage that can be used in court, to providing traffic wardens with a sense of safety while on the job, or even the utilisation of footage to help teach personnel how to respond to incidents.
- Installation guide
- User manual
- Daily use guide
- Axis TW1100 Clip Mount
Optional (select from the accessories tab):
Axis TW1200 body worn mini bullet
Axis W700 docking station
Axis W800 system controller