Overview of Axis Camera Station S2224 Appliance
This 24-channel ‘all-in-one’ advanced surveillance appliance by Axis features an integrated Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) switch and 12TB of storage (2 x 6TB). An ideal recording solution for medium-sized installations that require active security monitoring, this rack-mountable unit is compatible with an extensive range of Axis IP cameras and encoders. In addition, it’s pre-configured and pre-loaded with Axis Camera Station 5 - plus all the necessary software to ensure straightforward installation and ease-of-use.
Featuring a powerful CPU for fast data processing and an operating system stored on a Solid State Drive (SSD) to ensure efficient start-up and safeguarding in the event of failure; this user-friendly device facilitates the monitoring and recording of up to 24 camera channels simultaneously. This versatile appliance supports the connection of up to two monitors via the built-in display port and HDMI output. It’s also capable of displaying a single 4K resolution image or 4 x 1080p split in live or playback modes (with the use of a 4K resolution monitor). Additionally, users also have the ability to display a 4 x 1080p split view during playback and when a lower resolution is selected in live view - up to 12 split views can be displayed.
The included 24 Axis Camera Station core device licences and pre-loaded ACS 5 software provides users with all the necessary features for a reliable CCTV surveillance system. Site map functionality offers a full system overview and responsive pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) controls allow the user to explore the system's camera channels. Additionally, the straightforward configuration and management of camera-based video detection alarms help to ensure high levels of dynamic scene awareness. Users can utilise the software’s visual timeline and video search functions to quickly investigate and retrieve data. These files can then be exported manually or at scheduled time periods to give the user full control of their data management.
Key features and benefits:
- Rack-mountable, 24-channel network video appliance provides a reliable monitoring and recording solution
- Simple set up with pre-configured system settings to help reduce installation time
- Built-in, 24-port PoE switch delivers Power-Over-Ethernet to a maximum of 24 IP devices
- 12TB of storage (2 x 6TB) offers plenty of capacity for medium-sized business applications
- Up to 4K resolution is supported in both live view and playback modes
- Compatible with all Axis cameras and a range of third-party IP devices - suitable for a wide range of applications
- Pre-installed Axis Camera Station 5 software provides advanced video management
- 24 x Axis Camera Station 5 core device licences are included
- Up to 24 camera channels can be viewed across two monitors, ideal for workstation surveillance installations
- Visual timeline and Smart Search functionality enable quick and easy retrieval of recordings and video files
- Audio support enables communication between the user and persons close to the camera (camera model dependant)
- Site map support provides a full overview of all cameras in the system
- Quick and easy retrieval of recordings using visual timeline and video search functions
- Recorder warranty: 5 years
- Hard drive warranty: 3 years
The Axis Camera Station S2224 Appliance offers a feature rich 'all-in-one' surveillance solution, with an integrated PoE switch and pre-installed Axis Camera Station 5 software. Typical applications include school grounds, logistics and hotel lobbies.
- Installation guide
- Power cords
- Rack ears