This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis M1045-LW
Overview of Panasonic BL-C101
The Panasonic BL-C101 is a cost-effective IP camera designed for use in domestic or small business locations. The BL-C101 features a built-in web server, allowing you to view a feed from the camera on any computer connected to the internet with a standard web browser, such as Internet Explorer or Firefox. To complement this, included Panasonic software gives you an out-of-the-box monitoring and recording solution.
The BL-C101 features 10x digital zoom, allowing you to monitor specific areas in detail, and colour night view automatically adjusts the image in poor lighting conditions. Built-in motion detection can inform you via e-mail of any activity in the camera's field of view and will also trigger recording. A built-in microphone enables you to hear an audio feed from the camera's environment, if required.
The BL-C101 can also be configured with your computer to trigger an audible warning from the computer when motion is detected or an external sensor is activated - an useful feature if there is not someone constantly watching the video feed. An external input allows you to expand the camera's capabilities for a wide variety of applications.
The BL-C101 is a Panasonic proprietary Power over Ethernet camera. This means that both power and a network connection can be provided through a single cable using Panasonic's proprietary system and included power transfer unit, saving on time and cost of installation.
Key features & benefits of Panasonic BL-C101
- 10x digital zoom can isolate specific areas of the camera's field of view for monitoring
- Built-in motion detection can trigger recording and notify you via e-mail of any untoward activity
- Colour night view mode adjusts the brightness of images in low light (down to 3 lux)
- Built-in microphone allows you to listen in to the camera's surroundings
- Can be configured to make your computer play a sound when motion is detected or an external sensor is triggered
- External input allows you to expand the camera's capabilities
- Panasonic proprietary Power over Ethernet provides both power and a network connection to the camera using a single cable through included power transfer unit
- Built-in web server allows you to view a feed from the camera using any standard web browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox
- Included Panasonic software provides an out-of-the box recording and viewing solution
Typical applications of Panasonic BL-C101
The BL-C101 is ideally suited to monitoring homes - for example, baby monitoring or surveillance while away from the premises. It is also suitable for small businesses or use as a webcam for tourist attractions.
Accessories for Panasonic BL-C101
- PoE Power Transfer Unit for PoE connection
- AC cord (1.8 m)
- Setup CD
- Installation guide
- Bracket for ceiling, desktop or wall mounting
- Safety wire