Overview of the Axis Direction Detector application
- Provides a cost-effective solution for minimising losses due to theft
- Compatible with a wide range of Axis IP cameras
- Uses people counting technology to detect if people are moving in the wrong direction
- Can immediately notify visitors as well as security staff when a violation is detected
- E-licence - one licence per camera
Axis Direction Detector is a cost-efficient video analytics application for detecting people moving in the wrong direction at indoor entrance points. Compatible with Axis IP cameras, it is an ideal choice for loss prevention in commercial environments with lots of foot traffic, such as supermarkets and art galleries. The app uses people counting technology to detect if people are moving in the wrong direction and can then immediately notify visitors and security staff through a variety of notification methods – helping to minimise losses due to theft.
Ideal for use in commercial environments, this smart app runs onboard Axis IP cameras and is able to detect whether a person is moving in the wrong direction at an entrance point to provide a reliable loss-prevention solution. By notifying visitors and security staff when a person moves in the wrong direction, the app not only helps to minimise losses, but can also reduce the need for extra physical barriers and staff at entrances – enabling more efficient allocation of resources and personnel.
The application utilises people counting technology to register the number of people passing by and in what direction. It’s able to detect when a person is moving in the wrong direction and can notify the person immediately via an audio message, an alarm or a blinker. By presenting immediate feedback to visitors, the software helps to prevent theft by making it clear that people are being monitored. Users can also configure the app to automatically respond to a ‘wrong-way alert’ by physically closing a gate or door at the entrance, notifying security staff through email or SMS; or initiating a video recording. This helps to reduce the need for staff to be placed at entrance points – allowing personnel to be allocated more effectively while still working to prevent loss through theft.
The app is designed for indoor locations with good lighting. To obtain the best performance, the camera should be mounted at a minimum height of 270cm straight above the point where people pass. Data collected by Axis Direction Detector is saved directly to the camera for up to 90 days without an SD card and can be accessed in a number of ways. The camera’s standard web interface can provide live views and graphical representations of statistics, or real-time static raw data can be extracted through the camera’s open API. Thanks to the camera’s open protocols, users can also integrate with other Axis Store Optimisation apps to access and utilise data – such as Axis Store Reporter and Axis Store Data Manager.
Key features & benefits
- E-licence Direction Detector application is compatible with a wide range of Axis IP cameras
- Provides a cost-effective solution for minimising theft-related losses - ideal for use on commercial premises
- Uses people counting technology to detect how many people pass by and in what direction
- Immediately notifies users when they are moving in the wrong direction – making it clear they are being monitored
- Can be configured to respond by closing entrance doors, notifying security staff and triggering a recording; reducing the need to place staff at entrances
- Data collected is stored directly on the associated camera for up to 90 days – reducing bandwidth and storage requirements
- Open protocol enables integration with other Axis and third-party applications
This smart application detects movement in the wrong direction to provide a cost-effective solution for loss-prevention at entrance points to indoor environments. Typical applications include supermarkets, art galleries and casinos.