Overview of the Axis Perimeter Defender PTZ Autotracking application
- Accurate intrusion detection with automatic zoomed-in views & tracking of alarm objects
- Designed to sync a PTZ camera with a fixed IP camera running Axis Perimeter Defender
- Compatible with Axis Q-range PTZ IP cameras
- Intrusion, loitering, zone-crossing & conditional detection scenarios supported
- E-licence - one licence per camera
This highly accurate and scalable application is an optional add-on app for PTZ cameras that are to be used alongside a fixed IP camera running Axis Perimeter Defender analytics for a reliable intrusion detection solution. Ideal for use in high-security locations, such as chemical plants and airports, the edge-based app enables an Axis PTZ camera to automatically zoom-in on and follow detected objects of interest. It also supports multiple detection scenarios, including zone-crossing and loitering, to help provide a more comprehensive surveillance solution. By syncing an Axis fixed camera with an Axis PTZ camera, users are able to obtain the required zoomed-in details – without compromising detection coverage.
Compatible with Axis Q-range PTZ IP cameras, this high-performance app is designed to be used as an add-on application for Axis Perimeter Defender analytics. The app syncs its associated PTZ camera with a fixed Axis visual or thermal network camera to enable the PTZ to automatically zoom-in on alarm objects. This enables users to obtain zoomed-in details of intruders and follow their movements to provide a reliable and highly accurate intrusion detection solution.
When a fixed camera with Perimeter Defender installed detects an object, it will send location data across to the connected PTZ camera running PTZ Autotracking. This then enables the PTZ camera to automatically track the moving object and zoom in - providing users with a detailed close-up view of a potential intruder. Alongside this functionality, users are still able to manually operate the PTZ camera - for instance to continue tracking the object after it leaves the fixed camera’s detection zone. The smart application also allows the PTZ camera to automatically adjust the zoom level to ensure all moving objects remain in view for reliable monitoring - ideal in large outdoor locations where highly accurate intrusion detection is vital, such as outside critical government buildings. In addition, when installed on Axis PTZ models with firmware 3.70 or higher, the app can also support burnt-in bounding box metadata overlays in recorded and live footage to enable visual confirmation of detected objects.
For best performance, the PTZ camera should be mounted in a location with adequate lighting, without direct light hitting the camera; and the scene should also contain as little noise as possible. The same installation program for uploading and configuring Perimeter Defender is used to upload and setup PTZ Autotracking. Since the app runs onboard the PTZ camera, no additional, costly central processing server is required – making for a more cost-efficient solution. Additionally, the system design tool and automatic calibration help to simplify setup.
Please note: This application is designed to be used by an Axis PTZ camera in conjunction with a fixed Axis network camera with Axis Perimeter Defender installed and is not a stand-alone product. Perimeter Defender and PTZ Autotracking licences are sold separately, and a separate licence is required for each camera running each application.
Key features & benefits
- E-licence Perimeter Defender PTZ Autotracking application is compatible with Axis Q-range PTZ network cameras
- Optional add-on application for use with Axis Perimeter Defender analytics
- Fixed camera sends location data of detected objects to PTZ camera – enabling it to automatically track and zoom-in on the object
- Pairing a fixed and PTZ camera enables users to maintain continuous detection coverage while obtaining close-up details of intruders
- Support for multiple detection scenarios simultaneously helps to provide a more comprehensive solution
- Users can manually operate the PTZ camera to continue tracking a moving object even after it leaves the fixed camera’s detection zone
- PTZ camera automatically adjusts the zoom level to ensure all detected objects remain in view – helping to capture all important activity
- Burnt-in bounding box metadata overlays supported by Axis PTZ cameras with firmware 7.30 or higher - allowing visual confirmation of detected objects
- Edge-based application means no costly central processing server is required
- System design tool and automatic calibration help to simplify setup
This advanced application is ideal for large-scale perimeter protection in locations where accurate intrusion detection is required. Typical applications include in sterile zones of power and chemical plants, as well as other critical infrastructure such as airports and government buildings.