Overview of the Axis Tailgating Detector application
- Detect and notify if more than one person enters within a set time interval
- Compatible with a range of Axis IP cameras
- Real-time two-way people counting
- Automatically trigger alarms to notify users of tailgating
- E-licence - one licence per camera
The Axis Tailgating Detector application provides a cost-efficient solution for the detection of tailgating at automated access control points – ideal for use in places where access cards are used such as membership gyms and clubs. The edge-based app is compatible with a range of Axis IP cameras and utilises Axis People Counting technology to provide two-way people counting in real-time. Users are automatically notified if more than one person enters within a set time period to help prevent unauthorised access and reduce losses.
Axis Tailgating Detector runs onboard Axis IP cameras and helps to overcome the problem of access control systems that do not control how many people are allowed to enter the building at a time. The edge-based app is designed to detect and notify users if more than one person enters within a set time interval. This can help to prevent unauthorised access as well as abuse of membership and employee cards; minimising losses and the possibility of theft. In addition, users can save money by eliminating the need for security guards at entrances – making this a cost-effective, as well as reliable, solution.
This smart application utilises Axis People Counting technology to provide real-time two-way people counting in a defined area – typically at entrance and exit points controlled by an automated access control system. Users can then set a time interval in which only one person should enter and, if the app detects that more than one person enters within this defined time interval, it will automatically notify users either through email or an audio output.
In order for the application to run effectively, it should be installed on a ceiling mounted camera that is mounted at a minimum height of 270cm. The camera should be mounted straight above the point where people pass and be facing straight down, in line with the ceiling. Wider entrance areas can also be covered by using multiple counting cameras. Data collected through the app is stored for up to 90 days onboard the camera without an SD card and is accessible in a number of ways. Users can access data through the standard web browser to access the camera’s web interface; through downloading the static raw data via an open API in the camera or through other Axis store optimisation applications.
Please note: a single Tailgating Detector licence is required per camera.
Key features & benefits
- E-licence Tailgating Detector application is compatible with a range of Axis IP cameras
- Detect when multiple people enter at once – helping to prevent unauthorised access to buildings
- Uses Axis People Counting technology to provide real-time two-way people counting
- Automatically detects and notifies users if more than one person enters within a set time interval via email or audio output
- Wide entrances can be covered by using multiple counting cameras for more comprehensive coverage of entrances
- Stores information directly on the associated camera for up to 90 days – reducing bandwidth and storage requirements
- Open protocol enables integration with other Axis and third-party applications
This cost-efficient application is ideal for use in environments where people enter one by one through a locked door controlled by an access control system. Typical applications include membership gyms and clubs as well as office buildings that require employee cards for entrance.