Overview of the Synology Surveillance Station 1 device licence pack
Surveillance Station is a flexible video management system that can be run on all Synology Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices to provide a reliable IP video surveillance solution. It features an intuitive interface and allows users to view live feeds, playback recordings and manage IP camera settings easily. With compatibility for major browsers, mobile devices and over 4000 IP camera models, this software offers versatile deployment options for new and existing IPCCTV systems.
Synology have made installation straight forward and the setup wizard makes system configuration and the addition of IP devices quick and simple. Additionally, batch camera installation and group management are helpful time savers when assigning multiple devices to a large system.
Recordings can be scheduled continuously or customised to specific time periods and stored securely on the NAS device. Support for the synchronised playback of up to 64 cameras allows multiple views to be displayed at the same time - ideal when reviewing footage.
Every Synology NAS device includes 2 free Surveillance Station IP camera licences. Each new device added to the system will require a single Synology Surveillance Station licence. However, specific camera models and video servers with multiple channels will require an alternative number of licences. The table below shows a range of IP devices and the licences required.
Please contact us for more information or refer to Synology’s Device License Pack overview.
When connected with I/O modules, Surveillance Station can support the integration of various devices such as LED lights and electromagnetic locks. This allows the integration of access control and other security measures to create a centrally managed security and safety system. Event triggers from all of these connected devices, in combination with video motion detection alarms, keep the user informed about a diverse range of activity throughout their installation.
A range of I/O modules are supported, including the Axis P8221 – please refer to the Surveillance Station I/O Module Support List to check the compatibility of other modules.
Additionally, users can activate the Central Management System (CMS) add-on package (free of charge) which is specifically designed to enhance surveillance operations across multi-site systems. Suitable for larger organisations, the add-on provides a range of unified controls to effectively manage and monitor a number of locations – all from a single host server.
Key features & benefits
- Support for up to 90 IP cameras on a single storage unit - please refer to the Synology NVR selector for a suitable unit
- Quick setup wizard enables easy system configuration and addition of IP cameras
- Free mobile app DS cam provides handy remote access to live video with camera control and playback of recordings from iOS and Android devices
- Over 4000 IP cameras are supported and device compatibility can be confirmed with the Synology Surveillance Station IP camera Support List
- All camera resolutions up to 4K are supported to provide detail packed video footage
- Up to 64 camera channels can be viewed simultaneously in either live view or playback
- PTZ cameras can be controlled in live view with the use of a joystick (not included) for enhanced situational awareness
- Responsive digital pan-tilt-zoom control in live view navigation allows areas of interest to be examined in more detail
- Audio and digital outputs can be activated via on-screen controls in live view – ideal for the instant delivery of alarms
- Users can capture snapshots in live view and playback – helpful for evidential purposes
- E-map support provides a full overview of the system
- PTZ camera patrols can be triggered in live view as a result of an event or I/O alarm signal
- Intelligent analytics such as video motion detection and tampering alarms help to alert operators of possible incidents
- Recording can be scheduled manually, continuously or as a result of an alarm signal
- Pre and post-recording allows activity around the time of an alarm being triggered to be captured – helpful for evidence gathering
- Support for the synchronised playback of up to 64 cameras allows multiple camera views to be displayed simultaneously - ideal when reviewing a sequence of events
- Smart Search features specific criteria filtering to quickly retrieve recordings
- Camera based edge recording is supported to devices that include an SD card
- Recordings can be saved onto the NAS device and backed up to a remote server for a scalable and secure storage solution
- Central Management System (CMS) add-on provides a scalable system hierarchy, suitable for use in large organisations
- Support for I/O modules allows the integration of a wide range of IP devices