Overview of the Microsemi PD-9524G
The Microsemi PD-9524G is a high Power-over-Ethernet (PoE+) midspan that supports up to 24 IP cameras or network devices and provides them with power. By removing the need for a local power source, this device allows users to easily manage their power output from a centralised location. The unit is also ideal for businesses looking to upgrade their current IP based infrastructures to PoE.
Each of the 24 ports, which are fully compliant with IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at standards, receive up to 72 Watts of power and have a data throughput speed of 10/100/1000 Mbps. The energy efficient midspan allows for up to 50% reduced power dissipation when compared to PoE switches and 2-pair midspans. It’s also simple to install and can be easily fitted into a 1U 19” rack mount.
Key features & benefits
- 24-port midspan providing up to 72 Watts of power to each port (1000w max)
- Power-over-Ethernet IEEE802.3af and IEEE802.3at compliant
- Data throughput speeds of 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Energy efficient midspan that allows for reduced power dissipation
- Able to support both IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- Guaranteed consistent uptime
- Safely and reliably delivers power over existing Ethernet systems
- 1U 19” rack-mountable
The Microsemi PD-9524G PoE midspan is an ideal solution for medium to large-sized businesses that are seeking to provide power to up to 24 IP cameras or other network devices. Typical applications include university campuses, arcades and logistics centres.