Overview of the Veracity Pointsource VAD-PSP
Veracity's Pointsource Plus is a portable, battery-powered PoE injector that supplies temporary power to any IEEE 802.3af or IEEE 802.3at compliant PoE device.
It is specifically designed to make installation, site surveys, demonstration and testing a quick and simple task. The integrated network crossover ports allow a laptop to be connected directly into the unit, providing a network connection to the camera equipment in locations without a local power source. Once connected, all aspects of the camera image can be easily viewed and adjusted to aid the easy configuration of cameras during installation.
The unit can deliver up to 25 watts of PoE power and includes a convenient 5V USB port for charging smart phones and tablets whilst on site. The unit's rechargeable battery can provide power to equipment for up to 6 hours. The simple design of the system allows an additional battery pack (please select in dropdown menu above) to be used in place of the original battery while it is being recharged.
Key features & benefits
- Portable PoE power - supply power to IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at compatible equipment
- Removable and rechargeable batteries that can provide up to 6 hours of power
- Integrated 5V USB port enables easy charging of smart phones and tablets
- Integrated crossover - no need to use a crossover cable when connecting to a laptop
- Network pass-though - join the powered device to a network through Pointsource
This unit is suitable for providing a power supply to PoE-compatible camera equipment and is ideal for equipment demonstrations, temporary security installations or to assist with the aiming and focusing of cameras during installation.
- Shoulder strap
- Universal charger (UK, US, EU, AU plugs)
- Battery module
- Quick start guide