Overview of the Mobotix i26
The Mobotix i26 IP camera with 6MP Moonlight technology can be mounted onto a flat wall to provide 180° overviews of indoor areas. The compact unit features a decentralised system design and is also available with a choice of day or night lenses - making it a very versatile CCTV surveillance choice. In addition, Mobotix video management software and mobile support is available – free of charge.
Part of Mobotix’s high-performance Mx6 Series, this camera’s powerful CPU supports the capture of up to twice as many frames per second than its i25 predecessor – delivering highly-detailed 6 megapixel images at up to 12 frames per second (fps) or HD 720p at 42 fps. The Mx6 Series also introduces support for the H.264 compression format (alongside MxPEG and MJPEG) – allowing users to choose the right codec for their application and manage bandwidth requirements efficiently. Additionally, Mobotix Moonlight technology ensures that highly detailed images with significantly reduced motion blur can be captured in low light.
When wall mounted and fitted with a fisheye lens, the camera can deliver a 180° angle of view. This panoramic overview helps to reduce blind spots and the number of cameras required to cover an entire room - making it a cost-effective solution for a wide range of indoor applications. In addition, an ultra-wide lens is also available that offers a 103° viewing angle.
When ordering, select the wide angle lens that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP Moonlight technology and 1/1.8" CMOS sensor produce high quality images, even in low light
- Choice of two wide angle lenses including a fisheye lens for a panoramic overview of an entire room
- Lenses available in either day (colour) or night (black and white) versions
- Virtual PTZ in live view and playback allows areas of interest to be investigated in closer detail
- Built-in smart motion detection, advanced image processing and analytics
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Multicast-Stream via RTSP allows multiple areas within the field of view to be streamed simultaneously
- H.264, MxPEG and Motion JPEG encoding formats are supported to help optimise use of network resources
- Compact form factor and unobtrusive colour, blends in easily with most environments
- On-board storage provides a backup if the network fails, recording files onto the MicroSD card
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance camera system features no heaters, fans or other moving parts
- PoE support delivers power and network connectivity over a single cable
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
The decentralised design that has been pioneered by Mobotix means each camera is a self-contained surveillance system with the ability to process and store video on-board, using built-in software and edge storage. With no central data storage or additional recording software required, the i26 has reduced bandwidth usage. This approach means that users can expand their system easily with just the purchase of new cameras, and there is no need for additional system hardware.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above dropdown menu)
On-board image processing ensures high-quality video is captured using optimum exposure settings - even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. Hemispheric distortion correction also takes place on-board to reduce the size of image data before it is saved, reducing bandwidth and enabling multiple hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or smartphone.
MxActivitySensor delivers accurate video motion detection and reduces false alarms by intelligently distinguishing between movements of interest and interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures.
MxAnalytics supports the collection of statistical behaviour data on people and objects. Heat maps help users to identify highly frequented areas, and counting data can also be displayed to reveal how many people or objects pass particular locations and in what direction.
This camera also supports Mobotix’s free video management software MXManagementCenter that features no licence fees or update costs. In addition, remote access to footage is provided through the Mobotix iOS app on mobile devices.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix IP cameras feature no moving parts, and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. The units are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate - meaning they require little maintenance and are economical to run.
All Mobotix cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the built-in MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix i26 hemispheric IP camera delivers high-quality 6 megapixel resolution and is an ideal choice for open plan, indoor areas that require reliable security monitoring. Typical examples include hotel lobbies, offices and supermarkets.
- MxEasy video management software for systems including up to 16 cameras
- MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
- MicroSD card
- Ethernet patch cable
- Wall sealing
- Screws, washers and plugs
- Allen wrench
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above):
- Higher capacity MicroSD card
- PoE midspan