Overview of the Mobotix c26
The Mobotix c26 IP camera with 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology can be flush-mounted into a ceiling to provide unobtrusive, 360° overviews of indoor locations. Available in day or night versions, this compact unit also features handy downlight-style spring clips for easy installation into suspended ceilings. Video management and remote viewing is supported by Mobotix's own mobile app and software which can be downloaded free of charge.
A high-performance CPU inside each Mx6 Series camera supports the capture of up to twice as many images per second than previous Mx5 units – delivering high-quality 6 megapixel images at up to 12 frames per second (fps), or smooth HD 720p at 42 fps. In addition to MxPEG and MJPEG compression formats, H.264 is also supported - allowing users to choose the best codec for their application and efficiently manage bandwidth requirements. Mobotix Moonlight technology ensures that highly detailed images with significantly reduced motion blurring can be captured in low light.
When fitted with a fisheye lens, the camera’s built-in software digitally dewarps the full 360° image to provide two 180° panorama images, providing coverage of an entire room. Optimum placement of the camera allows footage to be captured from all angles and helps to eliminate blind spots. A 103° ultra-wide lens is also available which allows users to monitor regions of interest or activities, such as cash handling or production processes, in closer detail.
When ordering, select the day or night lens that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP sensor with high-sensitivity Moonlight technology produces high quality images - even in low light
- Two wide angle lenses are available including a fisheye lens for a panoramic overview of an entire room
- Day (colour) or night (black and white) versions available
- Virtual PTZ is performed by the camera on live and recorded images, reducing bandwidth use
- Built-in smart motion detection, advanced image processing and analytics
- Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app provide a free video management solution
- Handy downlight-style spring clips allow for easy installation into suspended ceilings
- Compact form factor and inoffensive colour, blends in easily with most environments
- Flexible compression with support for MxPEG, Motion JPEG and H.264 formats
- Multiple areas within the field of view can be cropped and viewed simultaneously using multicast-stream via RTSP
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board MicroSD card and used as a backup if the network fails
- PoE supplies power and network connection over one cable for quick and cost-effective deployment
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance camera system features no heaters, fans or other moving parts
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
The decentralised design means that each Mobotix network camera is a self-contained CCTV system able to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is reduced and there is no need for any additional recording software. This approach makes a Mobotix system very cost effective when expanding as no additional investments besides the purchase of new cameras is required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above dropdown menu)
Image processing inside the camera ensures high quality images are captured using optimum exposure settings, even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. Panorama distortion correction also takes place on-board to reduce the size of image data before it is saved, reducing bandwidth and enabling multiple hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or mobile device.
Mobotix’s MxActivitySensor video motion detection intelligently detects the movement of people and objects and filters interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures, reducing false alarms and providing accurate security monitoring.
Statistical behaviour data of people and objects can be collected using Mobotix MxAnalytics. Heat mapping helps to identify high traffic areas and counting data can also be displayed to show how many people or objects pass particular locations - and in which direction.
Supported by all Mobotix IP cameras, Mobotix MxManagementCenter offers free video management - with no licence fees or update costs. In addition, the Mobotix iOS app is also available and provides remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix network cameras are designed to feature no moving parts such as fans or heaters, and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. The units are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate which means they require little maintenance and are very economical to run.
All Mobotix IP cameras can also use an external NAS for automatic backup and the on-board MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix c26 ceiling-mount IP camera is an ideal choice for indoor locations that require high-quality, 360° overviews and reliable CCTV surveillance. Typical applications include retail stores, museums and financial buildings.
- Choice of lens (please select required lens from dropdown menu)
- MicroSD card
- MxEasy video management software for smaller systems (up to 16 cameras)
- MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
- Ethernet patch cable
- Catches and plugs
- Disassembly tool
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above):
- Higher capacity MicroSD card
- PoE midspan