Overview of the Mobotix D16 DualDome
The Mobotix D16 DualDome is a versatile IP camera that features 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology and two adjustable sensor modules. The unit’s IK10-rated housing allows it to be safely deployed in exposed areas, and users can connect up to two day or night lenses for flexible CCTV coverage of outdoor locations. It also includes edge storage, as well as free Mobotix video management software and mobile support.
Part of the powerful Mx6 Series, the camera’s high-performance CPU allows it to deliver up to twice as many images per second than its D15 predecessor – capturing high-quality 6 megapixel images at up to 12 frames per second (fps), or smooth HD 720p at 42 fps. H.264 compression format is also supported (in addition to MxPEG and MJPEG) - allowing users to choose the most suitable codec for their application and manage bandwidth requirements efficiently. Mobotix Moonlight technology is also included to ensure highly detailed images with significantly reduced motion blur can be captured in low light.
A variety of lenses are available, ranging from an ultra-wide lens that ensures large areas of the scene are captured, through to a 15° distant-tele lens which is suitable for long distance surveillance applications. Up to two day or night optical lenses can be connected – offering users a wide choice of lens combinations and viewing options.
When ordering, please select the day or night lenses that best suit your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP sensor with high-sensitivity Moonlight technology produces high quality images, even in low light
- Dual dome design with adjustable lens modules offers users flexible viewing options
- Wide selection of day and night lens options from ultra-wide to distant-tele offer flexibility for a range of applications
- Built-in smart motion detection, advanced image processing and analytics
- Manual pan/tilt function allows the desired view to be set during installation
- Robust IP66 and IK10-rated housing allows for safe deployment in external locations
- Two-way audio support with built-in microphone and speaker allows communication between user and scene
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board MicroSD card and used as a backup if the network fails
- Regions of the image can be examined in detail using digital pan/tilt/zoom controls
- H.264, MxPEG and Motion JPEG encoding formats are supported to help optimise use of network resources
- Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app offer free video management
- Multiple areas within the field of view can be cropped and viewed simultaneously using multicast-stream via RTSP
- PoE supplies power and network connection over one cable for quick and cost-effective deployment
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the accessories tab if required.
The decentralised design, which was pioneered by Mobotix, means that each camera is an independent surveillance system with the ability to process and store video on-board using built-in software and edge storage. With no central data storage or additional recording software needed, the D16 has reduced bandwidth usage. This approach makes a Mobotix system very flexible when expanding as no additional investments besides the purchase of new cameras is required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the accessories tab)
With on-board image processing, high quality images can be captured using optimum exposure settings - even in scenes with challenging lighting conditions. The camera's processor also digitally corrects panorama distortion to reduce the size of image data before it is saved. This lowers bandwidth and allows multiple hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or mobile device.
Mobotix’s MxActivitySensor provides accurate video motion detection and helps to reduce false alarms by being able to intelligently distinguish between movements of interest and extraneous information such as shadows or the movement of interior fixtures.
Statistical behaviour data of people and objects can be collected using Mobotix MxAnalytics. Heat maps are useful when identifying high traffic areas and counting data can also be displayed to show how many people or objects pass particular locations - and in which direction.
This camera also supports Mobotix’s free video management software MXManagementCenter with no licence fees or update costs. Remote access to video footage is provided through the Mobotix iOS app on mobile devices.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix IP cameras feature no moving parts such as fans or heaters, and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. They are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 7 watts to operate - meaning they require little maintenance and are economical to run.
The full Mobotix range of IP cameras can also use an external NAS for automatic backup. In addition, the on-board MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix D16 DualDome IP camera delivers high-quality 6 megapixel resolution and features two adjustable lens modules - providing flexible CCTV coverage for exposed outdoor locations. Typical applications include train station platforms, car parks and outside of licensed premises.
- Shock resistant dome (transparent)
- Mounting parts
- Allen wrench
- 50m patch cable
- 4GB MicroSD card
- Mobotix MxEasy video management software for smaller systems (up to 16 cameras)
- Mobotix MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
- Mobotix App for iOS devices, iOS 5.0 and higher
Optional (please select from the accessories tab):
- PoE midspan
- Higher capacity MicroSD card