Overview of the Mobotix S26 Flex
The Mobotix S26 Flex is a compact IP camera with 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology that can be discreetly mounted into tight spaces to provide covert CCTV surveillance. Available in day or night versions, the IP66-rated unit delivers wide panoramic overviews of indoor or outdoor locations and can be easily installed using Power-over-Ethernet (PoE). The camera also includes edge storage, as well as free Mobotix video management software and mobile support.
A high-performance CPU inside each Mx6 Series camera supports the delivery of up to twice as many images per second than previous Mx5 units – capturing high-quality 6 megapixel images at up to 12 frames per second (fps), or smooth HD 720p at 42 fps. H.264 compression format is also supported (in addition to MxPEG and MJPEG) - allowing users to choose the right codec for their application and manage bandwidth requirements efficiently. The unit is also equipped with Mobotix Moonlight technology to ensure highly detailed images with significantly reduced motion blur can be captured in low light.
Delivering ultra-wide 180° views when mounted onto a vertical surface, the unit’s fisheye lens can also offer a full 360° view if installed into a ceiling panel. Optimum positioning of the camera allows footage to be captured from all angles and helps to eliminate blind spots. On-board dewarping software allows the original panoramic image to be seen with less distortion and supports viewing modes such as quad-view.
When ordering, please select the lens that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP Moonlight technology and 1/1.8" CMOS sensor produce high quality images, even in low light
- 180° fisheye lens provides panoramic overviews – helping to reduce blind spots across indoor or outdoor areas
- Compact form factor allows for discreet installation in tight spaces to provide covert CCTV
- IP66-rated housing offers protection against harsh weather conditions
- Lenses available in either day (colour) or night (black and white) versions
- Advanced image processing, smart motion detection and analytics all built into the camera
- Flexible compression with support for MxPEG, Motion JPEG and H.264 formats
- Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app offer free video management
- Multiple areas within the field of view can be cropped and viewed simultaneously using multicast-stream via RTSP
- MicroSD card provides edge storage and allows the camera to be used as a standalone unit
- PoE supplies the camera with both power and network connectivity via a single cable – simplifying installation
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the drop down menu above if required.
Mobotix pioneered the decentralised approach to IP video. This concept means each camera is a self-contained surveillance system able to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is lowered and there is no need for any additional recording software. This approach makes a Mobotix system very flexible when expanding because no additional investments besides purchasing new cameras are required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above dropdown menu)
On-board image processing ensures the capture of high quality images using optimum exposure settings - even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. Panorama distortion correction helps to reduce the size of image data before it is saved, lowering bandwidth and allowing multiple hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or smartphone.
MxActivitySensor provides accurate video motion detection and reduces false alarms by intelligently distinguishing between movements of interest and interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures.
MxAnalytics supports the collection of statistical behaviour data on people and objects. Heat maps help identify highly frequented areas and counting data can also be displayed to reveal how many people or objects pass particular locations and in what direction.
Mobotix MxManagementCenter is free video management software available for all Mobotix cameras that features no license fees or update costs. Users can also access video footage remotely using the Mobotix iOS app on mobile devices.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix IP cameras are designed to feature no moving parts such as fans or heaters, and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. They are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate - meaning little maintenance is required and the units are very economical to run.
In addition, all Mobotix cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the built-in SD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix S26 network camera delivers high quality 6 megapixel resolution and is suitable for indoor or outdoor areas that require discreet security monitoring. Typical applications include cash points, outside of licensed premises and police stations.
- Your chosen sensor (please select from dropdown menu)
- 4GB Micro-SD card
- Fixing kit including fixings and fixing tools
- Patch lead
- MxEasy video management software for systems including up to 16 cameras
- MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu):
- PoE midspan
- High capacity MicroSD card