This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis XPQ1785
Overview of the Axis XP40-Q1785
- Captures full HD 1080p resolution video footage at up to 25 fps
- Provides horizontal views of up to 60°
- ATEX-Certified and housed in a 316L stainless steel casing
- 32x optical zoom and full pan-tilt functionality
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Size: 475 x 512 x 480 mm
This ATEX-Certified Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) network camera from Axis delivers full HD 1080p resolution video at up to 25 frames per second (fps). Housed in a robust 316L stainless steel casing that is also IP67-rated for corrosion protection, this fully featured model is suited to use in extreme environments with a high risk of fire or explosions. It is equipped with a handful of advanced imaging technologies which help to improve the quality of images captured in challenging conditions. Other useful features include powerful 32x optical zoom and full pan-tilt functionality for comprehensive CCTV monitoring in wide, demanding outdoor locations.
With a housing that meets the ATEX-Certified EX II 2 GD standard, this unit's enclosure is able to contain internal explosions and prevent sparks from escaping the device - making it ideal for use within high-risk environments such as petrochemical plants. The unit is also IP67-rated which allows it to withstand harsh weather conditions and provides protection against corrosion.
The high-quality camera provides horizontal views of up to 60° while powerful 32x optical zooming allows users to examine specific areas of interest in closer detail. The high-performance unit is also able to offer an unobstructed field of view - thanks to its 360° endless pan and 'ground to sky' 180° tilt.
Advanced imaging capabilities deliver high quality, reliable imaging. Lightfinder technology produces full colour images in extreme low-light conditions; and Forensic Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology ensures details in high-contrast scenes are not lost with few motion artefacts in busy scenes. Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) is also included – helping to improve the quality of images captured when the camera is subject to vibrations. Additionally, Axis Corridor Format vertically orientates the stream to maximise the area of interest and optimise bandwidth in narrow scenes.
The high-quality unit comes with pre-installed Axis Guard Suite analytics, such as Motion Guard and Fence Guard to help reduce false alarms and enhance scene awareness within predefined areas. A range of configurable camera-based video motion detection alarms are available and help to alert users of possible incidents via a choice of notification methods including email. Support for the Axis Camera Application Platform means that users can also install advanced analytics applications from Axis or third-party developers, such as virtual tripwire, loitering alarm and many other intrusion detection applications.
Recordings can be written to the on-board microSD card to provide a helpful backup of data if the network fails. The camera can also be integrated with high-performance video management software applications, such as Axis Camera Station and Milestone XProtect - enabling sophisticated video management.
Housed in a stainless steel 316L casing, which is also weather-resistant, this IP camera is built to endure the most demanding environments, such as marine or heavy industry applications.
Please note: this hardy unit must be installed and configured by an ATEX-Certified installer.
Key features & benefits
- ATEX-Certified EX II 2 GD IP camera enclosed in a stainless steel 316L housing
- Captures full HD 1080p resolution video at up to 25 frames per second
- Provides horizontal views of up to 60°
- 360° endless pan and 180° tilt for comprehensive monitoring in wide, demanding outdoor locations
- IP67-rated provides protection against harsh weather conditions and corrosion
- Powerful 32x optical zoom for in-depth investigation of areas of interest
- Full colour images are produced in near darkness with Lightfinder technology
- Forensic WDR technology retains image details in strongly backlit scenes
- EIS improves image quality when the camera is subject to vibrations
- Axis Corridor Format maximises area coverage and optimises bandwidth in narrow scenes
- Pre-installed with Axis Guard Suite analytics – helping to enhance scene awareness
- Configurable video motion detection alarms help to alert users of possible incidents in real-time
- Support for ACAP enables the installation of advanced analytics applications from Axis and third-party developers
- Edge storage provides a helpful backup of data in the event of a network connection failure
This powerful ATEX-Certified IP camera enables users to responsively monitor locations which are exposed to the most demanding conditions. Typical examples of use include ports, oil refineries and gas pipelines.
- Installation guide
- User manual
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Axis Surveillance microSDXC Card 128GB
Optional (select from above dropdown menu):
Mounting options (select optional accessories from dropdown menu)
Back To Top
- Wall mounting - Axis ExCam XP40 wall mount