This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see ATEX-Rated IP Cameras
Overview of the Axis XF40-Q2901
- Offers 336 x 256 resolution thermal imaging
- 19mm thermal sensor provides horizontal viewing angle of 17°
- Temperature alarm with spot temperature reading
- ATEX-Certified and housed in a 316L stainless steel casing
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Size: 165 x 176 x 480 mm
This powerful temperature alarm camera from the Axis Q29 series offers thermal imaging in 336 x 256 resolution and is enclosed in an ATEX-Certified, 316L stainless steel housing - allowing users to monitor temperatures and detect potential hazardous spots in extreme environments with a high-risk of fire or explosions. The high-performance camera also features edge storage as well as support for Axis Camera Application Platform (ACAP), which enables the installation of powerful analytics applications from Axis and third-party developers.
Designed for installation in extreme and demanding environments such as petrochemical plants, the advanced camera’s enclosure meets the ATEX-Certified EX II 2 GD standard, meaning it prevents internal sparks or explosions escaping and igniting vapours, gases, dust or fibres in the surrounding air. The 316L stainless steel enclosure is also weather resistant and electropolished for maximum protection against corrosion.
Capable of recording 336 x 256 resolution thermal imaging at up to 8.3 frames per second (fps), and equipped with a 19mm thermal sensor offering a horizontal viewing angle of 17°, this high-quality model provides reliable thermal detection round-the-clock - regardless of lighting conditions.
Providing a high-quality thermal imaging solution for hazardous locations, this model enables high-level detection of objects. It has the ability to detect the temperature of an object between -40°C and 550°C, and spot temperature readings enable users to view specific temperatures within particular areas of the field of view. Isothermal palette functionality provides an additional visual aid by relating a specific temperature range to the image - enabling users to quickly define what temperature corresponds to which colour. These features help to predict hazards quickly by the indication of problem areas before an issue arises and becomes visible to the human eye. Thermal imaging cameras are also less sensitive to shadows and challenging light conditions and when compared to non-thermal network cameras, they achieve a reduced rate of false alarms and higher levels of accuracy.
This high-performance unit allows users to set alarms in up to six zones that notify them when a temperature goes beyond a set threshold or when a temperature increases rapidly – helping to improve detection of dangerous temperature levels in volatile settings. In addition, users can gain more detailed information about the temperature of specific areas of a scene with spot temperature reading. Video motion and shock detection alarms can also be configured to alert users to possible incidents in real-time; and further powerful analytics applications can be installed through the Axis Camera Application Platform (ACAP).
Data can be stored directly to the on-board MicroSD card - serving as a data backup if the network connection is interrupted. Sophisticated video management is possible through integration with high-performance video management software applications, such as Axis Camera Station and Milestone XProtect.
Housed in a robust, IP67-rated stainless steel casing, this ATEX-Certified IP camera is built to endure the most demanding environments, including onshore and offshore applications such as marine or heavy industrial locations.
Please note: this advanced model must be installed by and configured by an ATEX-Certified installer and does not come with a power supply (please select from above dropdown menu if required).
Key features & benefits
- ATEX-Certified EX II 2 GD IP camera enclosed in a stainless steel 316L housing
- Delivers 336 x 256 resolution thermal imaging at up to 8.3 fps
- IP67-rated casing for durable use in external locations
- Thermal technology for reduced false alarm rate
- Detection of dangerous temperature levels via configurable temperature alarms in up to 6 zones
- Spot temperature reading enables visual verification of the temperature of areas of interest
- Configurable video motion and shock detection alarms help to alert users to possible incidents in real-time
- Support for ACAP enables the use of powerful analytics
- Edge storage provides a backup solution in the case of network connection failure
This fully featured ATEX-Certified IP camera delivers high-quality detection and temperature monitoring in volatile areas. Typical applications include gas pipelines, power stations and oil refineries.
- Installation guide
- User manual
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Axis Surveillance microSDXC Card 64GB
Optional (select from above dropdown menu):
Mounting options (select optional accessories from dropdown menu)
Back To Top
- Wall mounting - Axis XF40 wall mount bracket
- Pole mounting - Axis XF40 pole mount bracket and Axis XF40 wall mount bracket