Overview of the Axis S3008 Recorder
- Integrated PoE switch for up to 8 cameras
- Axis Companion video management software
- 2TB, 4TB or 8TB surveillance-grade hard drive
- USB port for exporting video
- Axis 5-year warranty on recorder & hard drive
This compact network video recorder (NVR) from Axis is an ideal choice for any small business that requires a straightforward video recording solution with easy access from mobile devices. Designed for use with Axis cameras and encoders, the unit features an integrated 8-port PoE switch and is available with a 2TB, 4TB or 8TB surveillance-class hard drive (select your storage choice from the dropdown menu). Users can remotely access live views or recordings and easily manage their video data with support for the free Axis Companion application for mobiles and PC.
The versatile recorder is fully compatible with all Axis network cameras and encoders with firmware 5.50 or later and supports the monitoring and recording of up to 8 cameras at any resolution/frame rate. Its built-in PoE switch allows up to 8 cameras or encoders to be easily connected and powered without the need for additional hardware; and the high-performance unit can be supplied with a 2TB, 4TB or 8TB surveillance-grade hard drive – which offers plenty of storage capacity for any small-sized business application. In addition, users are also able to easily export video footage for further investigation via the unit’s handy built-in USB port; and display to a local monitor is possible through the Axis Companion application for Apple TV or Android TV.
Access to video management settings, live monitoring, playback and export of recordings is all done using the Axis Companion application. This free, easy-to-use application makes surveillance simple with no need for network or router configuration. Axis Companion is available as a mobile app, or users can opt to make use of the PC version which has more features – allowing more detailed configuration of settings.
Camera-based video motion detection alarms can be configured to trigger recording via the Axis Companion application to increase scene awareness and provide reliable security monitoring. In addition, one-way audio recording is possible, depending on the audio capabilities of the connected camera, and acts as a helpful complement to video when reviewing footage for investigation purposes.
Designed with ease-of-use as a priority, this cost-attractive recorder features a simplified setup wizard; as well as a compact form factor that allows unobtrusive installation in a secure location where camera cables can be easily routed. An optional mounting bracket is available (not included) to fix the recorder in position on a wall, under a table or on a shelf.
Key features & benefits
- “Out of the box” network video recorder provides a cost-attractive monitoring and recording solution for small-scale business applications
- Supports up to 8 video channels and is compatible with all Axis cameras and encoders for flexible integration
- Integrated 8-port PoE switch simplifies the provision of network connections and power
- 2TB, 4TB or 8TB surveillance-grade hard disk offers reliable and secure storage capacity
- All camera resolutions and frame rates are supported for smooth, detailed footage
- Recordings can be exported quickly via the USB connection for further investigation
- One-way audio recording is supported - dependent on the connected cameras’ audio capabilities
- Free Axis Companion mobile or PC application provides a range of basic video management features
- Compact design enables neat and unobtrusive installation
- Recorder & hard drive warranty: 5 years
The Axis S3008 recorder is an ideal video recording solution for small installations where straightforward setup and ease of use are a necessity. Typical applications include GP practices, newsagents and small offices.
- User manual
- Axis mains power adapter
Back To Top
- Axis TS3001 Recorder Mount
- 4TB and 8TB hard drives (2TB HDD included)