Overview of the Axis M5525-E
This PTZ IP camera from Axis is capable of producing HD 1080p video footage at full frame rate. Its IK09 and IP66-rated housing, combined with support for true day/night recording, enables round-the-clock monitoring of indoor or outdoor areas. In addition, regions of interest can be examined in detail using the camera’s full pan/tilt functionality and 10x optical zoom. This cost-effective dome also features edge storage and can be easily installed via Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
Using the camera’s endless 360° pan and variable pan/tilt movements, users are able to precisely navigate across a wide area - particularly helpful when closely monitoring a person or incident. For improved imaging in difficult lighting conditions, wide dynamic range (WDR) – Forensic Capture lowers noise levels and increases the image signal to ensure all details are visible in both dark and bright areas.
Configurable video motion detection alarms can be set to trigger recording to the onboard MicroSD card storage and also inform users of activity via email and VMS notification. These alarms can also be used in combination with Axis’ Advanced Gatekeeper so that if motion is detected, the camera will automatically pan and zoom to a preset position. Integrated alarm and audio I/O ports support the connection of external devices – helping to enhance alarm signalling or enable features such as two-way audio.
With support for PoE, like most IP cameras, this camera can receive power and network connectivity over a single cable - resulting in a cost-effective installation solution. Axis’ Zipstream technology is also included and lowers bandwidth and storage requirements by an average of up to 50%.
Key Features & Benefits
- Capable of delivering high-quality HD 1080p resolution at up to 25 frames per second
- Full PTZ functionality and variable speed pan/tilt movements provide responsive navigation
- True day/night functionality with IR-cut filter (for infrared sensitivity) provides 24-hour monitoring of indoor or outdoor areas
- Outdoor-ready housing is IK09-rated to provide protection in exposed locations
- 10x optical zoom enables real-time investigation into specific regions of interest
- Close-ups can be examined further using the unit’s 12x digital zoom (with a reduction in image quality as you zoom in)
- WDR - Forensic Capture technology improves image quality in scenes with high-contrast lighting
- Configurable video motion detection alarms and Axis’ Advanced Gatekeeper help to enhance security monitoring
- Audio I/O ports support two-way communication and allow sound to be recorded
- External alarm sources can be connected via integrated alarm I/O ports for enhanced alarm signalling
- Three scene profiles (forensic, indoor and outdoor) are included for automatic optimisation and simplified setup
- Support for PoE reduces cabling requirements
- Reduced bandwidth levels with Axis’ award-winning Zipstream technology
- Integrated microSD card recording (card not included) provides a handy data backup if network connection is lost
Recording and Video Management
Recording and video management options for this camera:
The Axis M5525-E PTZ dome IP camera provides a cost-effective and versatile choice for indoor or outdoor applications that require reliable surveillance across wide areas – 24 hours a day. Typical applications include supermarkets, banks, office buildings and service stations.
- Conduit adapter 3/4”
- Smoked dome
- Adapter bayonette
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
Back To Top