Overview of the Axis M4206-LV
This versatile IP camera delivers smooth, 3 megapixel resolution video footage at up to 30 frames per second (fps). Part of the Axis M42 series, this unit features an IK08-rated housing to provide robust protection in exposed indoor areas and supports true day/night recording that is enhanced by integrated OptimisedIR illumination up to 15m. Additional features include an HDMI output for live streaming to an HD monitor, Axis Zipstream technology and edge storage.
The camera is equipped with a varifocal lens which provides wide horizontal views (up to 100°) and allows the desired viewing angle to be set during installation. Areas of interest can be monitored closely using the multi-streaming feature which enables two regions within the field of view to be cropped and streamed separately for live viewing or recording.
The free Axis Companion application can be easily installed and offers a simple video management solution for up to 16 cameras. Available as a PC client or mobile application, this handy software offers remote access to live views as well as playback of recordings.
Wide dynamic range (WDR) technology renders details evenly in strongly backlit scenes to ensure objects and people can be identified clearly. For narrow scenes such as corridors and staircases, Axis Corridor format helps to maximise the area of interest by vertically orientating the video stream. In addition, digital pan/tilt/zoom controls allow areas of the original image to be examined in greater detail.
Configurable video motion detection alarms can be set to trigger recording to the on-board MicroSD card (not included) and also inform users of activity via email notification. With the use of Axis' Zipstream technology, bandwidth and storage requirements are lowered by an average of up to 50%. It optimises the video stream in real-time, allowing important details to be retained while unnecessary data is removed. Additionally, remote focus and zoom eliminates the need for hands-on fine tuning and PoE compatibility means both power and network connectivity can be delivered to the camera over a single cable – simplifying installation.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of delivering smooth, 3 megapixel resolution at up to 30 fps for high quality, detailed CCTV footage
- Varifocal lens (3mm - 6mm) offers horizontal viewing angles from 45° to 100°
- Round-the-clock video capture with built-in IR-cut filter for true day/night functionality
- Integrated IR LEDs with OptimisedIR technology provide even illumination at a range of up to 15m
- Up to 2 areas of the original image can be cropped and viewed simultaneously using multi-view streaming
- Live footage from the camera can be displayed when a monitor is connected through the HDMI output
- WDR technology enables details in scenes with both bright and dark areas to be viewed clearly
- Axis Corridor Format optimises the field of view in narrow scenes – capturing only what is essential
- Configurable video motion detection alarms notify users of activity and enhance security monitoring
- Remote focus/zoom provide simple installation and maintenance
- Axis' Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth by analysing and optimising the video stream in real-time
- Simple video management for up to 16 cameras using the free Axis Companion application
- Internal storage via Micro SD card (not included) provides a simple backup solution in the event of network failure
- Support for PoE reduces cabling by delivering both power and network connectivity via a single cable
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
- Axis Companion application (free)
- Morphean Cloud CCTV
The Axis M4206-LV mini-dome IP camera provides 3 megapixel resolution and is an affordable monitoring solution for indoor areas. It delivers clear imaging in challenging lighting conditions and is suitable for small installations such as waiting areas, receptions and restaurants.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
Back To Top