Overview of the Samsung Wisenet WAVE VMS - device recording licence
The Samsung Wisenet WAVE video management software can be run on a windows-based machine to offer a versatile IP video surveillance solution for up to 128 network cameras. Each recording licence allows the user to record CCTV footage from a single IP device in their system and a range of downloadable clients are supported to enable easy remote access - anywhere, anytime.
Users can install WAVE VMS onto a windows-based server; then download the user-friendly PC Desktop client to view live feeds, playback recordings and manage IP camera settings easily. The software’s intuitive interface and helpful installation tools, such as device auto-discovery, help to make the configuration and addition of IP devices a straightforward task. The free Wisenet WAVE mobile application is also available for iOS or Android devices and provides remote access to live video and recording playback.
Designed for use with Samsung Wisenet network cameras, the software is also compatible with a wide range of third-party devices (please check compatibility list). In addition, support for H.264 and H.265 compression formats, alongside Samsung Wisenet’s WiseStream technology, help to minimise bandwidth and storage space.
Camera-based video motion detection alarms can be configured to increase scene awareness and with two-way audio support, users have the ability to receive and transmit audio through to those in the scene (camera model dependent). PTZ IP cameras can also be controlled in live view with the use of mouse, keyboard or joystick (not included) for enhanced situational awareness.
A variety of search tools such as ‘smart motion search’ are supported to enable the quick and simple retrieval of data for event analysis.
Key features & benefits
- Recording licence for use with a single IP device in Samsung Wisenet’s WAVE video management software
- Users can install WAVE VMS onto a windows-based server and integrate up to 128 IP devices into their system
- Full system management is provided via the downloadable PC Desktop Client
- Handy installation tools such as automatic camera discovery enables quick and efficient set up
- Free mobile client provides remote access to live video and playback of recordings from iOS and Android devices
- Compatible with all Samsung Wisenet IP cameras, as well as third-party models (please check compatibility)
- Camera-based video motion detection alarms help to alert operators of possible incidents and can be set to trigger specific tasks
- Control of PTZ cameras with the use of a mouse, keyboard or joystick (not included) provides effective monitoring in real-time
- Hallway view is supported and vertically orientates the video stream in areas such as aisles and hallways - reducing bandwidth levels and optimising the field of view
- Two-way audio support enables audio recording and the delivery of verbal warnings in live view (camera model dependent)
- WiseStream technology helps to reduce bandwidth and storage requirements
- Handy video search tools enable quick retrieval of recordings