Overview of the Synology NVR1218
This Network Video Recorder (NVR) unit from Synology, provides an all-in-one surveillance solution for up to 12 IP cameras – without the need for a PC. It comes pre-installed with Synology’s Surveillance Station video management software (4 free device licences) and is compatible with over 6000 cameras from 110 manufacturers. Featuring two drive bays that support 2 x 8TB storage, users can also expand the unit’s storage space up to 70TB with the addition of a DX517 expansion unit. In addition, the handy Surveillance Station mobile app offers remote access to the system.
Synology’s Surveillance Station software includes a range of advanced features that help to enhance security monitoring. The multi-view feature allows several cameras to be monitored at the same time for a full system overview. Support for PTZ camera control is helpful when tracking a person or event in real-time, and digital pan-tilt-zoom allows investigation into areas of interest. Various video motion detection alarms can also be configured to enhance dynamic scene awareness and deliver reliable security monitoring.
Users can schedule recordings for specific time periods or in response to an alarm signal. Pre-and post-alarm recording is also available and enables activity around the time of an alarm to be captured – beneficial when collecting evidence. The handy Smart Search tool uses parameters such as object removal, view obstruction and general motion to help users quickly retrieve relevant data for analysis.
A monitor, mouse and keyboard can be connected via the integrated HDMI output and USB ports – removing the need to purchase a costly computer. Additionally, with the connection of a microphone, communication is available through two-way audio enabled cameras.
Synology’s DS cam application provides operators with remote access to live footage and playback of recordings through a mobile device – ideal for smaller systems. When alarms are triggered, notifications can also be sent to the app to alert to operator of possible incidents when they are away from site.
This Synology NVR unit can be supplied with a choice of up to two 8TB WD Purple hard drives (fitting required). These drives are specifically engineered for video surveillance applications. (Please select storage from the dropdown menu above).
Key features & benefits
- Affordable network video recorder with support for up to 12 camera channels
- Surveillance Station video management software is pre-installed and includes 4 free device licences
- ONVIF compatibility and open platform design supports over 6000 IP cameras
- Supports up to 20TB storage across 2 drive-bays and is optionally supplied with high-performance WD Purple hard drives (fitting required)
- Connection of expansion units for additional storage (up to 70TB) is available via the built-in eSATA port
- An HD 1080p monitor can be connected via the HDMI output for a simple standalone setup
- USB ports allow the connection of accessories, such as a keyboard and mouse, for easy navigation around the user interface
- Two-way audio support enables communication between the user and persons close to the camera
- Supports HD 720p at 360fps over 12 channels or a maximum of 4K at 30fps, over 3 channels
- PTZ camera control allows a large scene to be monitored with one IP camera
- Regions of the original image can be examined in detail using electronic pan/tilt/zoom (E-PTZ) controls
- Video motion detection methods can be configured to alert users of possible incidents in real-time
- Recordings can be configured to run continuously or for scheduled periods to best suit the user’s requirements
- Smart Search tool allows the user to quickly retrieve recordings
- Remote access to live video and playback of recordings with the Synology DS cam mobile app
- DS cam mobile app provides handy remote access to live video and playback of recordings from iOS and Android devices
The NVR1218 Network Video Recorder from Synology provides a versatile, cost-effective surveillance solution for up to 12 IP cameras. This unit comes pre-installed with VMS software and features integrated such as an HDMI output and USB ports – allowing it to be used as a standalone system. Typical applications include small offices, hotels and petrol stations.
- AC power adapter
- RJ-45 LAN cable
- USB installation dongle
- Quick Installation Guide
- Accessory pack
- Storage: (please select from the dropdown menu above):