Overview of Axis Companion Recorder - 4 channel
The Axis Companion Recorder is a 4-channel, ‘out of the box’ video recording solution that features an integrated Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) switch and 1TB hard drive. It’s compatible with all Axis IP cameras, and users can operate their system easily using the free Axis Companion mobile application or PC client. The compact network video recorder is simple to setup and also includes wireless support, as well as a USB port for quick export of video – making it an ideal choice for any small business application.
Designed for straightforward installation, a power adapter is included and the unit’s integrated PoE switch allows up to 4 Axis cameras or encoders (with firmware 5.50 or later) to be connected and powered without the need for additional hardware. In addition, a built-in LAN port facilitates easy connection to the network and a wireless access point helps to simplify installation, as well as enabling direct access to the system with a mobile device.
Offering all the necessary features required for basic CCTV monitoring, the Axis Companion application allows users to remotely view live video, as well as playback and export recordings with ease. The free software is available as a mobile app for iOS and Android devices, or as a PC client which hosts a wider feature-set than the mobile application – allowing users to configure settings in more detail.
Users can also configure camera-based video motion detection alarms to trigger recording using the Axis Companion app. These recordings can be reviewed via a timeline at a later date and then quickly exported in either JPEG or video format. In addition, users can also take handy snapshots with the click of a button in live or playback viewing modes – ideal for quickly gathering evidence.
When supported by a connected camera, Axis’ award winning Zipstream technology helps to lower bandwidth and storage requirements by an average of 50% - allowing users to make the most of the Axis Companion Recorder’s 1TB storage capacity.
The compact unit also features a fanless design, allowing for unobtrusive installation in secure locations where camera cables can be easily routed. Users can also choose an additional mounting bracket (not included – please select from the dropdown menu) to fix the unit in position onto a wall or under a table or shelf.
Key features and benefits:
- "Out of the box" ready network video recorder supporting up to 4 camera channels
- Integrated PoE switch with 4 ports offers self-contained networking and power supply
- 1TB surveillance-grade hard disk provides a suitable amount of storage for small business applications
- Free Axis Companion application for straightforward CCTV operation via mobile devices or PC
- Camera based video motion detection alarms can be used to trigger recordings
- All camera resolutions and frame rates are supported
- Wireless access point for installation and direct access to the system with mobile devices
- Compact, fanless design for neat and unobtrusive installation
- Integrated USB port for quick and easy export of recordings
The Axis Companion Recorder provides a user-friendly ‘out of the box’ recording solution for small scale IP camera systems, complete with integrated PoE switch and support for Axis Companion application. Typical applications include independent retail stores, small offices, waiting areas and restaurants.
- Power supply
- Installation guide
- Bracket for mounting the Axis Companion Recorder to a wall or under a desk (select from dropdown above)