Overview of the Veracity Highwire VHW-HWPS-B (base unit)
The Veracity VHW-HWPS-B (base unit), when combined with the VHW-HWPS-C (client unit), allows for existing coax cabling to be retained during the process of converting analogue systems into digital IP systems. It also provides a cost-effective solution for delivering PoE - without the need of new cabling or a local power source.
A true plug-and-play solution with no configuration required, this unit delivers 200Mbit/s of bandwidth and power-over-coax at up to 300m (RG-59) or 500m (RG-11). Additionally, by featuring Veracity’s unique SafeView display, the network and PoE status of the IP camera can be viewed easily from the base unit, removing the need to access equipment remotely.
Please note: Two versions of this device are available: This is the base unit (switch side) which transmits the network signal. A client version (camera side) which connects to the remote device is also available. Additionally, a power supply is not included. To add a Power over Ethernet midspan, please select one from the options above.
Key features & benefits
- Allows for existing coax cabling to be retained when upgrading analogue systems
- Provides network connection up to a distance of 500m
- Power is delivered through the network connection with no need for localised power
- Compatible with PoE and PoE Plus cameras (25watts)
- SafeView allows the network and PoE status to be monitored easily
- Automatically connects to a wide range of cameras with no configuration required
This device is a suitable option for incorporation into medium to large CCTV systems that require upgrading to IP video, allowing for retention of existing cabling.