Overview of the Veracity Highwire VHW-HWPS-C (client unit)
The Veracity VHW-HWPS-C (client unit), when combined with the VHW-HWPS-B (base unit), allows for existing coax cabling to be retained during the process of converting analogue systems into digital IP systems. It also provides a cost-effective solution for delivering PoE - without the need of new cabling or a local power source.
A true plug-and-play solution with no configuration required, this unit delivers 200Mbit/s of bandwidth and power-over-coax at up to 300m (RG-59) or 500m (RG-11). The client unit receives this data and power, forwarding it on to the IP camera. Additionally, PoE-over-coax detection and management is also employed, preventing accidental damage to legacy equipment.
Please note: Two versions of this device are available: This is the client unit (camera side) which connects to the remote device. A base version (switch side) which transmits the single is also available. A power supply is not included with this unit. To add a Power over Ethernet midspan, please select one from the options above.
Key features & benefits
- Allows for existing coax cabling to be retained when upgrading analogue systems
- Provides network connection up to a distance of 500m
- Power is delivered through the network connection with no need for localised power
- Compatible with PoE and PoE Plus cameras (25watts)
- SafeView allows the network and PoE status to be monitored easily
- Automatically connects to a wide range of cameras with no configuration required
This device is a suitable option for incorporation into medium to large CCTV systems that require upgrading to IP video, allowing for retention of existing cabling.