Overview of Axis Companion Recorder - 8 channel
This compact network video recorder by Axis is ideal for small businesses that need straightforward video recording with easy access from mobile devices. The Axis Companion Recorder has been designed for use with Axis cameras and encoders, with easy CCTV operation handled by Axis’ own free Companion application for mobiles and PC. The unit supports up to 8 video channels and is available with either a 2TB or 4TB surveillance class hard drive for reliable data storage. With a simplified setup, wireless support, built-in Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) switch and a USB port for exporting video, it’s a real “out of the box” video recording solution.
Axis has aimed to keep the installation and setup of this network recorder as simple as possible. The power adapter for the unit is supplied and the built-in PoE switch allows up to 8 Axis cameras or encoders (they must be on firmware 5.50 or later) to be easily connected and powered without the need for additional hardware. Connection to your network is straightforward via the built-in LAN port and the recorder even has its own wireless access point for ease of installation and direct access to the system with mobile devices.
Live monitoring, playback and export of recordings is all done using the Axis Companion application. It’s easy to use and makes CCTV simple with no need for network or router configuration. The application is available as a mobile app for iOS and Android devices and there’s a PC version of the application too which has more features than the mobile application, allowing users to configure
settings in more detail.
By using camera based video motion detection, the Axis Companion application can be configured to trigger recordings which can be later reviewed via a timeline and then quickly exported in either JPEG or video format. Additionally, the user can take a handy snapshot with the click of a button in live or playback viewing modes – ideal for quickly gathering evidence.
The unit has a storage capacity of either 2TB or 4TB (select your storage choice from the dropdown menu above). Users can make the most of this storage space when it’s used in conjunction with Axis cameras that utilise Zipstream technology which helps lower bandwidth and storage requirements by an average of 50%.
Note, the Axis Companion application is able to allocate up to 2TB of storage per camera.
The recorder is fanless with a compact form factor that allows unobtrusive installation in a secure location where camera cables can be easily routed. An optional mounting bracket (select from the dropdown menu above) is available to fix the recorder in position on a wall or under a table or shelf.
Key features and benefits:
- "Out of the box" ready network video recorder
- 2TB or 4TB surveillance-grade hard disk offers plenty of capacity for a small sized business
- Supports up to 8 video channels and compatible with Axis cameras and encoders for flexible integration
- Free Axis Companion application for easy CCTV operation via mobile devices or PC
- Camera based video motion detection alarms can be used to trigger recordings
- Supports all camera resolutions and frame rates for smooth, detail packed footage
- Built-in PoE switch with 8 ports and 1 LAN port offers self-contained networking and power supply
- Wireless access point for installation and direct access to the system with mobile devices
- Compact, fanless design for neat and unobtrusive installation
- USB port for easy video exporting
The Axis Companion Recorder is an ideal video recording solution for small installations where straightforward setup and ease of use are a must. Typical applications include independent retail stores, small offices, store rooms, restaurants and general work areas and small car parks.
- Power supply
- Installation guide
- Bracket for mounting the Axis Companion Recorder to a wall or under a desk (select from dropdown above)
AXIS Companion Recorder 8CH installation tutorial