Overview of the Synology DS1515+
This high-performance Network Video Recorder (NVR) solution consists of the DS1515+ Network Attached Storage (NAS) device running Synology’s Surveillance Station video management software. The software has an open platform architecture and supports over 4700 IP cameras from 90 brands. Five drive bays house a maximum of 40TB storage and the device can be supplied with Western Digital Purple hard drives already installed. Storage can be scaled up to 120TB with the connection of DX513 expansion units via the specially designed eSATA connectors.
Surveillance Station video management software can be easily installed on this device (free of charge) and accessed on site via a networked PC. It includes two camera licences and enables the user to manage IP settings, record and monitor video footage from up to 40 cameras in a system. Additionally, the DS cam app provides remote access to live views and playback of recordings – all from a mobile device.
Please select the number of camera licences required in the dropdown menu above.
The device features a high-performance quad core processor that is capable of delivering up to 450.77 MB/s reading and 396.5 MB/s writing speeds using Link aggregation and RAID 5 configurations. It’s also equipped with a dedicated AES-NI hardware encryption engine to support the fast and secure transmission of encrypted data. Multiple 3.0 USB and eSATA ports enable the connection of additional external storage devices whilst ensuring fast and efficient file transfer speeds. Four Ethernet ports feature failover support to provide redundancy in the event of an unexpected LAN failure on one port and hot-swappable drives reduce system downtime for hassle free maintenance during drive replacement.
Windows ACL and LDAP support enables the easy integration of the DS1515+ into any existing network. Additionally, helpful add-on applications such as DiskStation Manager offer backup, recovery and collaboration tools to help users get the most from their network storage solution.
This NVR solution is provided with a choice of up to five 6TB WD Purple hard drives. These drives are specifically engineered for video surveillance applications. (Please select storage from the drop down menu above).
Key features & benefits
- The DS1515+ provides secure management and storage of data files – ideal for small to medium sized enterprises
- Surveillance Station software can be installed and includes a versatile range of features to provide reliable security monitoring
- ONVIF compatibility and open platform design supports over 4700 IP cameras
- Free DS Cam mobile app available for remote access to Surveillance Station
- Support for up to 40TB storage across 5 drive-bays and is optionally supplied with WD Purple hard drives
- Powerful quad-core processor and AES-NI hardware encryption engine for fast transfer of files
- Up to 450.77 MB/s reading and 396.50 MB/s writing speeds using Link aggregation and RAID 5
- Quad LAN failover support helps ensure continuous network uptime
- Multiple USB 3.0 and eSATA ports enable quick connection to external storage devices
- Hot swappable design ensures continuous service when disks are replaced
- Windows ACL and LDAP support allow easy integration into an existing network
- DiskStation Manager add-on software allows hard drives to be configured and managed easily
The Synology DS1515+ offers up to 30TB storage when used independently and multiple eSATA ports allow the connection of expansion devices to increase storage levels up to 120TB. Users can install Synology’s video management software to provide a versatile video surveillance and storage solution that’s ideal for small to medium organisations such as offices, universities and supermarkets.
- Accessory pack
- AC power adapter
- 2 x RJ-45 LAN cable
- Storage: please select from above drop down menu if required