This product is discontinued, an alternative product is the Milestone XProtect Express+ base licence
Overview of the Milestone XProtect Express - Base Licence
Milestone XProtect Express video management software (VMS) offers a reliable, smooth and easy-to-use CCTV recording solution that is ideal for single-site businesses. It allows you to connect from 1 up to 48 IP cameras from many different CCTV manufacturers (including all IP cameras and video encoders sold on this website).
Support for NAS storage is a major efficiency gain over the entry-level XProtect Essential – it allows for large volume and long-term storage of CCTV footage in a cost-effective manner, whilst reducing the load on the server. With support for third-party software applications and XProtect add-on products, a diverse range of video solutions such as access control and video analytics are available, providing extra value and levels of functionality to a system.
Over 6000 IP camera models are compatible with this Open Platform software and when combined with software-based video motion detection, it allows every IP camera in a system to be utilised to its full potential. System setup is simplified with the help of configuration wizards and automatic camera detection.
Milestone’s three free interfaces help to provide easy access to any system – anywhere, anytime. XProtect Smart Client offers full management of the system when on site and the XProtect Web Client offers remote access to live footage, playback and the sharing of recordings. Additionally, live and recorded video can be watched directly via a smartphone or tablet with the Milestone Mobile application.
Please note: This licence is for the installation of the XProtect Express recording server. To add camera licences you will need to purchase an additional Milestone XProtect Express camera licence for each device.
Key Features and Benefits
- Milestone XProtect Express provides a versatile video management solution – scalable up to 48 IP cameras
- XProtect Express Base Licence includes two free camera licences and one free year of Milestone Care Plus
- Data can be archived to a NAS device for a secure and long-term storage solution
- XProtect add-on products and third-party software integration enhances system functionality
- Multiple operators can access to the system simultaneously (maximum of 5)
- Video can be exported in different formats for flexible recording management
- Open Platform design offers a wide camera choice with support for over 4000 IP devices
- Software-based video motion detection allows IP cameras without built-in video analytics to be centrally managed in a CCTV system
- Configuration wizards and automatic camera detection enables quick and efficient set up
- Full system management when on site is provided with the XProtect Smart Client
- XProtect Web Client can be run on any internet-enabled device, allowing remote access to the system
- Free Milestone Mobile application allows operators to view live video and playback recordings from iOS and Android devices
- Intelligent video analytics and connected external devices can trigger recordings and alert operators of possible incidents via push notifications
- Smart Client software supports a single layer, interactive map to provide a full overview of the system
- Live and recorded camera based audio can be beneficial when investigating events
- Recordings can be searched for easily with a range of video search tools
- Up to 25 pre-set PTZ positions are supported and can be triggered on an event basis
Designed for small to medium sized installations with up to 48 devices, Milestone XProtect Express is an ideal video management solution for businesses such as supermarkets, offices, theatres and schools.
- XProtect Express Base Licence
The base licence is required for installation of XProtect Express on your server. The licence is for single-server installation only. The base licence includes two camera licences, allowing you to connect two IP cameras to the system.
- XProtect Express Camera Licence
In addition to the base licence, a Milestone XProtect Express camera licence is required for every IP camera or video encoder channel you wish to add your system.