Overview of Milestone XProtect Express base license
The Milestone XProtect Express software offers an affordable video recording and management solution connecting up to 48 IP cameras.
Milestone XProtect Express is suitable for single-server installation and supports archiving to Network Attached Storage. This allows for large volume and long-term storage of CCTV footage in a cost-effective manner, whilst reducing the load on the server. This, in turn, enables more cameras to run efficiently on the server. The NAS storage capability of XProtect Express is a major efficiency gain over Milestone's entry-level software product XProtect Essential.
One key feature is Video Motion Detection which detects motion in the camera's field of view independent of camera make and model. The motion detection settings are individually configurable per camera, including adjustable sensitivity, privacy masking and zone exclusions, frame rate speed up on motion detection and alerting via sound, e-mail or SMS.
Support for Dual Streaming allows for CCTV recording at high quality to take place whilst bandwidth can be spared by viewing live footage at lower resolutions. With the possibility of Audio being received and recorded from multiple cameras or input sources, and the easy integration with for example Access Control or Point-of-Sale systems, XProtect Express offers a comprehensive security solution for small and medium sized businesses, including retail.
Milestone XProtect CCTV software is Open Platform with support for over 1,000 different IP cameras and video encoders from around 100 different manufacturers. Contrary to propriety recording and end-to-end systems, choosing Milestone as your recording platform allows you to choose the best possible camera for each and every location without compromise.
Video monitoring is done through the XProtect Smart Client, which is the easy-to-use interface for system control across the Milestone XProtect product range. A web-based client also provides platform-independent access to live video and recordings. XProtect Express also integrates with iPhone and Android devices, not only providing access to video but also recording video footage from built-in cameras, making the system perfect for security personnel.
System configuration is straightforward. Set up wizards will guide you how to add cameras, configure the video streams and recording rules, and provide help with multi-level user administration. You can choose from 26 different languages.
This software supports Milestone XProtect Mobile which works with iPhone, Android phones and tablet PCs. XProtect Mobile allows instant access to your live and recorded security footage from your mobile or tablet.
Please note: This XProtect Express Base License is for installation on a single server and includes 2 Camera Licenses (allowing to connect 2 cameras to the system). Additional Camera Licences for XProtect Express are bought separately.
Key features & benefits of Milestone XProtect Express
- Allows up to 48 IP security cameras to be connected to your CCTV system
- Open Platform: supports over 1,000 different IP cameras and video encoders from almost 100 different camera manufacturers, giving you maximum camera choice
- Dual Streaming: two individually configurable video streams allowing efficient bandwidth use. Typically, recorded video is captured at high quality and high resolutions, whilst real-time monitoring takes place at lower quality in lower resolutions
- Support for H.264, M-JPEG, MPEG4, MPEG4 ASP and MxPEG to tailor for individual needs
- Compatible with all camera resolutions including HD and megapixel
- Video Motion Detection, fully configurable per camera
- One-way audio support for all 48 camera channels (providing camera supports audio)
- Allows for up to 5 concurrent users
- Easy access and system management via the XProtect Smart Client which is used across the whole Milestone product range and offers great flexibility in how you wish to view and manage your cameras
- Platform-independent web client and feature-packed mobile server also available
- Optimised for both 4:3 and 16:9 screen ratios
- Video footage can be archived using network attached storage (NAS), reducing storage and server costs
- Compatible with the XProtect Retail and XProtect Transact bolt-ons, allowing the efficient monitoring of customers, till transactions and merchandise in retail shops. Both can link transaction data with CCTV footage
- Milestone Integration Platform (MIP): a wide range of third party plug-ins is available allowing integration of PoS systems, Access Control, people counting applications and intelligent video analytics within XProtect Express
- Easy installation and system configuration via wizards that guide you how to add cameras, configure video streams and set up video motion detection
Typical applications of Milestone XProtect Express
Milestone XProtect Express is an affordable solution ideal for use in small and medium-sized organisations that require an advanced, solid video security system with a maximum of five concurrent users. It is particularly suitable for small retailers who wish to capture PoS data with CCTV footage. Integration opportunities with Access Control systems make XProtect Express also an attractive solution for companies looking to link video footage with building access management.
Licensing structure of Milestone XProtect Express
- XProtect Express Base License
The base license is required for installation of XProtect Express on your server. The license is for single-server installation only. The base license includes two camera licenses, allowing you to connect two IP cameras to the system
- XProtect Express Camera License
In addition to the base license a camera license is required for every IP camera or video encoder channel you wish to add your system. To buy camera licenses please go to Milestone XProtect Express camera license.
- Software Update Plan (SUP)
We recommend that Software Update Plans (SUPs) are purchased with the licenses so that your system remains up-to-date and is more future proof. Milestone releases updates (which they call Device Packs) almost every two months, which may contain bug fixes, give you additional features and wider camera support. SUPs are bought by choosing a term length from the drop-down menu above.
Documentation for Milestone XProtect Express
Please note: Milestone's Product Information Sheet states that XProtect Express supports two-way audio (listen in and talk back) but this appears to be a misprint. XProtect Express only supports one-way audio (listen in).