Overview of the Milestone Husky M20
Part of Milestone’s high performing Husky series, the powerful M20 network video recorder (NVR) can support the recording of up to 16 cameras straight out of the box (expandable to a total of 32 cameras with the purchase of additional camera licences and a separate PoE+ switch). This unit is preinstalled with an NVR-optimised version of XProtect Professional and supports a maximum of 12TB storage. The M20 also features Smart Start technology, four I/O ports, 2-way audio and an integrated PoE+ managed switch (model dependent).
Available as 8 or 16 camera licence variants, the M20’s disk sub-system supports a 200Mbit/s recording rate, enabling it to be used with the very latest in IP camera technology. Milestone’s built-in Smart Start technology means that any compatible camera will be automatically set up in XProtect when connected to the NVR. This includes automatic camera discovery, setting an IP address and the allocation of camera storage to the 2x hard drives.
Using the latest Intel Skylake processors and 8GB of RAM, an HD monitor can also be connected via the HDMI port, providing a simple standalone all-in-one solution without the need of a PC. This unit can house up to two Western Digital Purple hard drives, for a total storage size of 12TB (model dependent). This can be increased further by connecting the M20 to any other compatible Milestone Husky NVR in a master/slave setup.
Preinstalled with XProtect Professional and optimised for NVRs, the M20 is ready to use right out of the box. Additionally, by including four low voltage I/O ports, this Husky can support other solutions, such as an alarm or access control system. Instant access to the video feed is provided through a web client, PC smart client and on-the-go remote access via Milestone’s mobile app.
Two of the three available models are supplied with an integrated PoE+ management switch, meaning that PoE-enabled cameras can be connected directly, simplifying the installation process and reducing the amount of cabling.
Please note: the 16 / 16p models can be expanded to accommodate a total of 32 cameras with the purchase of a Husky XProtect additional device licence – available in packs of 4. In this scenario, an additional switch would also be required – see the related products above.
The Husky M20 is available in 3 different variants and as standard each Husky unit comes with Care Basic, covering all devices connected to the unit. This can be upgraded to Care Plus, which will also support all connected devices - please make your selection from the drop down menu above.
Key features and benefits
- 8 or 16 channel versions available, supports up to 32 cameras with the purchase of additional camera licences and switch (16-port versions only)
- Addition of a monitor creates a stand-alone CCTV workstation
- Up to 12TB of Western Digital Purple drive storage (model dependent)
- A PoE+ switch supplies the cameras with both power and network connectivity via a single cable – cost-effective installation (model dependent)
- Supplied with Care Basic as standard which covers all connected devices (option available to upgrade to Care Plus)
- Smart Start technology automatically configures connected cameras simplifying the installation process
- 200 Mbit/s recording rate provides a reliable video stream for multiple cameras
- Built-in I/O ports allow the connection of external devices to help enhance alarm signalling
- Preloaded with an NVR-optimised version of XProtect Professional for a scalable video management solution
- Easy to use with 3 flexible viewing interfaces, Smart Client, Web Client and Milestone mobile app
- Two-way audio is available when a microphone and speaker are connected (not included)
- Fully scalable solution with the connection of multiple Milestone Husky NVRs - master/slave setup
- Includes powerful Intel Skylake processors and 8GB of RAM
- Supports third-party integrations and Milestone add-on products
The Milestone Husky M20 NVR device offers up to 12TB of storage and models are available with 8 or 16 camera licences. Built for simplicity, Smart Start technology makes the installation process of cameras a breeze. The M20 is an ideal choice for small to medium-sized businesses such as retail shops, service stations and leisure centres.
- Additional camera licences - a maximum of 16 additional device licences are available for 16 channel units - total of 32 (additional PoE+ switch required)