This device has been discontinued and replaced by the Axis M7014 network video encoder.
The Axis 240Q is a 4-port video server that will provide a cost effective solution allowing your current analogue video streams to easily migrate to an IP-based network solution, with fully featured, digital surveillance benefits.
The Axis 240Q Video Server will digitize up to 4 analogue video streams for transmission over an IP network at a frame rate up to 6fps (5fps PAL) per channel allowing the viewing of images across a local network (LAN) or remote viewing over the Internet.
This video server also provides unique functionality to your analogue video streams by offering built-in motion video detection and powerful event management functions, driven by triggered or scheduled events which report back to the user using a number of protocols such as TCP, HTTP, FTP or SMTP (email).
The Axis 240Q Video Server provides a maximum resolution of 768x576 with a de-interlace filter improving image quality at the highest resolution.
Find out more about video servers from our blog article:
Vision:On - What is a Video Server?
Axis 240Q - Key benefits:
- Converts up to 4 existing analogue CCTV cameras into IP network cameras, giving you direct access to live images over a Local Area Network (LAN) or the Internet
- Increases the functionality of your existing CCTV cameras
Axis 240Q - Key features:
- Built-in video motion detection
- 3 MB pre/post alarm memory per channel
- Advanced event handling with multiple alarm notifications using SMTP (e-mail), TCP and HTTP, and video/image uploading via e-mail, FTP and HTTP
- Support for Pan, Tilt and Zoom (PTZ) devices
- Resolutions 4CIF, 2CIFExp, 2CIF, CIF, QCIF up to a maximum resolution of 768x576 with up to 11 compression levels (MJPEG)
- De-Interlace filter for improved image quality at maximum resolution
- Image customization with text, time/date and image overlay
- 8MB Flash memory provides ability to upload embedded applications
- Colour and black and white modes available
Axis 240Q - Typical applications:
- Convert up to 4 existing analogue cameras into network IP cameras to enable you to monitor your office, shop, manufacturing line or car park from a local network or remotely across the internet
- Use this item as a webcam – Streamdays offers an off-the-shelf solution for you
Axis 240Q - Key technical indicators:
- Motion JPEG (MJPEG) compression
- Resolution: up to 768x576 pixels (PAL) and 704x480 pixels (NTSC)
- Frame rate: up to 5 frames per second (PAL) up to 6 frames per second (NTSC)
- Security comprises of multiple user access levels with unique password protection, HTTPS support and IP address filtering
- Number of simultaneous users: up to 20
Axis 240Q - Connections:
- Network: 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet (RJ-45)
- Video: 4x analogue composite video inputs (BNC) (PAL/NTSC auto sensing)
- Power: power supply included 9 VDC
- Serial communication: RS-232 (DB-9) and RS-485 (terminal block)
- I/O: 4 alarm inputs + 4 outputs (terminal block)
- Dimensions in mm: 42(H) x 140(W) x 155(D)
Axis 240Q - Accessories included:
- Power supply
- Mounting brackets
- Connector kit
- Installation guide
- User manual
Additional items you may want to order with this camera:
Download the manufacturer's full product data sheet (PDF 330k).
- Pre-configuration service. We will configure your video server for you. With all the set up hassle taking care of, your equipment will reach you as a true Plug and Play unit