This product is no longer available, a suggested alternative is the Samsung Wisenet QNV-7010R/20R
Overview of the Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I
A successor to the Hikvision DS-2CD2332WD-I, the DS-2CD2342WD-I outdoor IP camera by Hikvision is able to deliver up to 4 megapixel resolution and full HD 1080p video capability. The low-cost unit features an infrared (IR) cut filter with auto switch and night-vision is enhanced with EXIR infrared illumination up to 30m. Additional features of this model include support for Wide Dynamic Range and PoE.
Suitable for use within external installations, this network camera has an IP66-rated outdoor housing to protect against rain and dust. With the ability to record up to 4 megapixel resolution at 20 frames per second (fps) and full HD 1080p at 25 fps, this model is positioned as a good value CCTV camera for someone that needs outdoor surveillance round the clock.
The unit's image enhancement technologies aim to improve image quality in challenging lighting scenarios. This includes digital Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) to improve detail in scenes with shadows and highlights and 3D noise reduction technology to reduce blur in low light video. The addition of backlight compensation (BLC) helps to prevent areas of interest being silhouetted against bright backgrounds.
Intelligent video capabilities such as motion detection and tampering alarms provide a high level of scene awareness and alert users via email notification when motion is detected in a configured area. These alerts can also trigger recordings that the operator can then use for identification purposes and further investigation.
The camera is capable of dual-streaming H.264 video, allowing the user to tailor monitoring and recording settings to optimise use of network resources and storage. Support for Power over Ethernet (PoE) allows quick and easy installation and provides the camera with power and network connectivity through the same cable.
This included iVMS-4200 video management software is designed for small to medium applications and provides live viewing, e-map, remote playback and scheduled recording. Mobile viewing is supported if users require remote access to video footage.
The Hikvision DC-2CD2342WD-I comes with a choice of lens (please select in dropdown menu). The default 4mm option (DS-2CD2342WD-I) provides an 83° horizontal angle of view whereas the 2.8mm (DS-2CD2342WD-I-2.8MM) lens gives a 106° horizontal angle of view
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the drop down menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Providing 4 megapixel resolution at up to 20 frames per second and full HD 1080p at 25 fps
- IR cut filter switches imaging from day to night mode for round the clock surveillance
- Long-range night-vision up to 30m with integrated EXIR infrared LED lights
- IP66 rated housing protects the unit from rain and dust and makes the camera suitable for use in external installations
- 3D noise reduction reduces bandwidth, particularly in low-light images
- Wide Dynamic Range technology captures detail in scenes with strong back light
- Intelligent video features include video motion detection and tampering alarms for reliable monitoring
- H.264 and MJPEG compression options allow flexible system configuration via dual streaming
- PoEenables simple and cost-effective installation with power and network connectivity being fed to the camera through a single cable
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I is a low-cost solution for outdoor CCTV surveillance applications that require round the clock monitoring. Typical applications include entrance and exit ways, small business loading bays and small car parks.
- Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
- Installation guide
- Fitting template
- Security screw driver
- IP66 cat5e glands
- PoE midspan (please select from the drop down menu above if required)